18 (Part 1)

"Missing someone is almost equivalent to witnessing a four year old child misplacing their parent in the middle of the mall. That moment of vulnerability. That moment of fear. All you want to do is cry and hope that a stranger will come to the rescue and help you find where you belong. It cuts like a fucking knife."

BACK IN TIME...

Beyoncé and Mathew were sitting in the  kitchen at the Island the same way the did very often. She had her hair tied up in a high pony tail and her pyjamas on. Her pyjamas consisted of a pair of flannel shorts, one of her fathers large tops and her knee high striped socks. At this point she had just turned 10 years old so her and Mathew were extremely close.

"Daddy?" she asked as she looked up from her bowl of Ice cream at him. Mathew and Beyoncé  would some times sneak off in the night to have ice cream together in the kitchen without mama Tina knowing. Mathew always had a cone with one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of Chocolate while  Beyoncé preferred butter pecan with crushed cookies on top. 

"Yes baby" He smiled down at her but she just stared at him. 

"Why don't people like me?" She asked, she'd always been very shy and reserved- especially around kids her age so this made her vulnerable and other kids fed of that. They used it to hurt her. 

"In this world there will be people who love you and people who hate you, there will be people who have never met you and they will have an idea about the person you are.  That happens to everyone, there are a lot of reasons why someone might not like you. They may not agree with your views, they may be jealous, the might just not like who you are or who they think you are." He explained to the young girl as she continued to eat her ice cream. "You don't need to worry about those people, as long as your family loves you and knows who you are, and God loves you and knows you you are, You'll be fine. We love you, God loves you and when you're famous a lot of people are going to love you without even knowing you. That's why you need to have a good image, you need to make sure that you're not involved in any scandals and things that could get you in trouble. Things that would make people not like you, because If you do that then they won't buy your music" He elaborated further.  

"But I'm not famous yet and people still don't like me but I think I've kept a good image. I try really hard, I always help people when I can and I try to be polite. I have a few friends and I'm loyal to them, but people still don't like me" She was on the verge of tears by now because she really couldn't understand why kids kept making fun of her and calling her bad names and being mean to her. Solange didn't understand either because although she was only small, she had managed to accumulate more friends than Beyoncé   ever did. 

"Bey, don't worry about those people. Don't waste your time being spiteful or hurt by them. They don't deserve that, you have other places you need to put your energy." Mathew stroked the top of  Beyoncé's head and  smiled down at her again. 

"Do you think anyone will ever really really love me?" She asked him next. 

"I love you, darling" Mathew chuckled but the little girl just shook her head. 

"Not like that, I mean. Do you think a boy will ever love me? And marry me? Like you and mama. Will someone love me as much as you love mama? as much as the prince loves the princess? as much a-" Beyonce re-emphasised before Mathew cut her off laughing. 

"Honey, I've got the point. The answer is Yes, someone will love you an awful lot one day, so much more than I love your mama, so much more than the prince and princess. Because you are Beyoncé, you need to be patient though. Like your mama said-" This time Bey cut Mathew off,