6

I'd usually be the happiest person on the planet on my birthday, But here I am. 20 years old and locked up in a cold dirty room. At least I'm not dead, I guess that's the good part about all of this, Curtis could have killed me by now but he hasn't and the longer I stay alive the higher the chances get of someone finding me and getting me home where I belong. Where do I belong? I can't help but feel that I won't fit in any more when I go home, I can't help but wonder if I would still be able to sing. My family would have changed, so many things would be so different now.
I'm sitting on the duvet writing in my journal when the door opened and I saw Jay smiling. That smile he does, I don't know why but whenever he does it I want to smile too, it makes this warm feeling build up inside of me and makes my cheeks flush red. I closed the book and looked up at him resting my hand on its cover and crossing my legs beneath it.

" Good afternoon to you too" I said to him, I was much more comfortable around him how then I was when I first met him and it showed in the way I acted. " How was the studio?" I asked, he walked further in and locked the door behind him; pulled something out from behind his back and began singing.

" Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear BB, happy birthday to you" He sang putting a cake down in front of me as I laughed and he grinned at me. The cake was a small and white with my name elegantly piped on it and a small Happy Birthday message with four candles burning. The wax ran down then sides of the candles as they burned away in front of me.

" Awwww wow thank you so much" I said smiling up at him. He was wearing a full suit and had a smile stuck on his face as he sat in front of me and I blew out the candles. "You didn't need to do this" I told him, he lifted up the knife and handed it to me so I could cut the cake. If he was Curtis I would have used the knife for something else. I began slicing his bit first and knew he liked to eat so I made it big and put it on the paper plate and handed it to him.

" Your supposed to get the first piece" He said not taking it. He gently pushed it away toward me and I sighed.

" I want you to have it" I replied sweetly, he laughed and took it in his hands while I cut my piece and smiled up at him. He then handed me a small white plastic fork and took one for himself.

" I got you a present" He said taking a bite out of his cake without using the fork causing cream to go around his mouth. I picked up the napkin and cleaned it off for him. His lips looked so smooth and perfect. He looked deep into my eyes as I sat back slowly and smiled at him with the napkin still held up at his face. His stare made me nervous and excited all at the same time and when he moved my hand away slowly I couldn't help but wish he would leave it there forever. I like being close to him, I like feeling his heat radiate off him, I like his eyes and his hands and his lips. I liked being in the same room as him, I like it when I'm naked in the bath and he's in the room. Although he never looks at me I wouldn't mind if he did, I wouldn't mind if he looked at me and licked his lips. I wouldn't mind if he touched me. I wouldn't mind at all.

" you didn't need to get me anything" I told him quietly, still stuck in the moment. He pulled a box out from his pocket and handed it to me, I took it and unwrapped the Blue wrapping paper and saw a small jewellery box. The jewellery box was white and had a curved lid with a small gold design on it made if swirls. I opened it and their was a gold necklace with a small circle on it and on the circle were two engraved hands interlocking pinky fingers.

"I know it isn't much but I wanted to get you a promise necklace and it seemed the most appropriate" He said awkwardly. Wasn't much? Sometimes I think he forgets where I've been for three years, what's been happening. This is already more than I expected, wanted and imagined. This was beautiful, he had a cake and a suit and a necklace and it was beautiful.