1- Welcome to Miami

"Come on Giancarlo, where are you?" I whispered to myself as I looked around the crowded Miami airport. 

I was standing outside  Miami International Airport waiting for my brother to Arrive. I came to Miami to work as an event planner, the market is really big here, plus my brother knows a lot of people that constantly have events.  I had already planned a couple of them but flying back and forth from Los Angeles is really exhausting so I guess that it makes sense to stay here for a while. 

"Hey, Kate?" I turned around trying to see who was calling my name. 

"Yes?"  Standing in front of me was Christian, Christian Yelich. My brother's teammate and best friend. I met him once before when he first played with the Marlins. I know that he and my brother constantly hang around but since I have always been so busy trying to make it on the event planning business I never had the time to show up, I remembered him though and I watch the games as often as possible   but now that he was standing right in front of me he looked different, he looked more mature and hot.

"Hi, um.. your brother, he sent me to get you," He said looking a little surprise.

"Christian?" I asked just to be sure that this was really him.

"Yeah, you remember me right?" He smiled.

"Yeah, it's been a while though," I said.

"Absolutely!, it's been a while since we've seen each other" He said giving a look that send all kinds of feelings through my spine.

"So, should we go?"   I said trying to avoid the weir feeling I was having, I can't allow myself to have any kinds of feelings towards him, he's my brother's teammate and his best friend.

"Of course, let me help you with this" He said taking one of my suitcases.

We walked to Christian's car making small talk, mostly about my brother and the upcoming season, the spring training was about to start and they were really excited about it. 

"So, Stanton said that you are moving, here?" He said giving me a quick look and then turning back to face the road.

"Yeah, my business are getting way more exciting, here than in Los Angeles." I smiled.

"That's good right?" He asked.

"Yeah, of course, I love Miami and it will be good to spend some time with my brother."

"You know, you don't look the way you, used to" He said looking at me through the corner of his eyes.

"Neither do you" I said looking down as I felt how my face had turned red.

"I guess, we both had change and grown up" He said with a little laugh.

And he was right, when we first meet on 2013 he was younger and he was fresh on the majors and he looked younger and boyish, but now two years later he looked more mature and with the training cloths that he was wearing I could see how his arms and chest were so fit that I had to look away yet again.

We both stay quiet during the rest of the drive until  Christian parked in front of a big house that I recognized as my brother's.

'Here we are!" Christian announce ending the silence.

"So, Giancarlos should be home late tonight?, that's what you told me?" I gave him a confused look, trying to remember what he said when we got into the car.

"Yeah, he is really sorry but he had to go this morning to do some, press  but he would be here later" He said getting my suitcase out of the car.

We started to walk towards the house's door and Christian reached for a key on his pocket.

"Here, open the door" He said giving it to me.

"Thanks for picking me up, really I'm going to kill my brother" I smiled at him.

"It was my pleasure and he is really busy, give him a chance" He smile.

"Hey, do you wanna come in, for coffee or something?" I asked as he stand in the door.

"I really have to go, I have a dinner to attend to" He said in an apologetic tone of voice.

"Oh, great, well I guess that I'll see you around" I said feeling some what stupid, of course he has somewhere to be, than hanging out with his teammates's little sister.

" Yeah, my mom and brother are in town, they leave tomorrow." I don't know why but that somehow made me feel better, somehow I was thinking that he may be having dinner with some model or something like that, but he is going to dinner with his family instead.

"Hey, but I would love to hang out, maybe tomorrow afternoon after you settle in, maybe?" He asked with a shrugged.

"Yeah, I would love that" I said smiling at him. He smiles back at me and for a moment we just stay there looking into each other's eyes.

"So, I'll pick you up, tomorrow?"  He said breaking the silence.

"Yeah, sure, what time?"

"Does, six works for you?"

"Yeah, six is fine."

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then" Was the last thing he said before walking back to his car.

I walked into the house and grabbed the smallest suitcase and went upstairs to find my room and wait for my brother to be back. As drop my suit case on the bedroom floor and thrown myself in the bed I couldn't help but smile, thinking about hanging out with Christian the next day.