Life in the Sakamaki mansion. Chapter 24

[Edited]

Disclaimer: I don't own the picture above and have done basic editing.

It was the day after we all played in the snow and I was ready to leave the maiden household. I zipped up my suitcase and sighed, finally ready to leave the room I had started getting used to. I patted the top of my suitcase and picked it up before walking out the room. I floated down the stairs to see Jameson standing stiffly with his arms crossed in front of his chest, a frown on his face.

"What's wrong, Jameson?" He looked up at me with the expression unchanged and sighed, looking away right after.

"I just don't know if I feel okay with you living with the person who tried to kill you. It's bad enough we can't tell the police- you know what? We should try to have some immortal beings in the police force as well, so they can take care of our affairs." He mumbled to himself and brought his hand around his chin in thought. I rolled my eyes and dragged my suitcase behind me as I walked closer to the main door.

"You don't have to worry, Jameson. He already apologized for what he did and I forgave-"

"Yeah, well, that doesn't make what he did right!" He yelled and I stopped walking to turn around and face him. I looked at him in disbelief but the anger in his eyes remained.

"Are you really picking a fight with me when I am leaving?" I kept my voice calm and he looked away after putting his hands on his hips.

"I'm sorry that I worry so much for you when you should be doing that for yourself. Do you truly think his apology is enough of a word that he is not going to repeat his doings?" His gaze turned back to me and I sucked a breath in through my teeth.

"I can't do this right now." I mumbled and turned away to the door again when Jameson and I heard another voice.

"She's right! You guys are going to part in like 20 minutes for probably a month- now's not the time you should be fighting." Jessica came from behind the staircase, where the dining room was located, with her hands on her hips. Jameson and I sighed at her statement but looked at each other anyway. With a final glance and a nod of farewell towards Jessica, Jameson and I walked out of the household without any words exchanged between us. We sat in the car quietly and waved at the maidens that had walked out to bid us farewell as the driver began to drive the car. Once they were out of sight, I sighed and slumped in my seat while I looked out my window. The whole ride was silent, which was something I appreciated. However, once we finally reached the Sakamaki mansion, he raised his voice to end our unfinished conversation on a good note.

"Just... be careful, alright? No matter your decisions, you're still my precious little sister." He said as he walked back to open the car door after helping me take my luggage from the trunk of the car.

"I will, Jameson. Thanks, really." I smiled a small one at him and he patted my head before getting back in the car and waving at me from behind the window while I waved back with a small smile. With a deep breath, after the car was out of sight, I looked towards the mansion and started walking after mentally prepping myself. I walked closer and brought my hand to the large handle that was used for knocking. With another deep breath, I pulled onto it and knocked on the door twice. Not long after, the door opened and Yui peeked her head around the door to look at me.

"You are finally here! Welcome!" She opened the door wider for me to enter and I smiled widely at her.

"Thank you so much!" I walked beside her as she led me to the living room, her smile as bright as ever.

"I'm so excited now that you are here!" She exclaimed and clapped her hands but then looked around and came closer to whisper. "It kind of got boring without another female to talk to, to be honest." She giggled and I only shook my head with a smile as I looked back at the ground. Once we reached the living room, Yui opened the door wide for me to see most of the brothers already in the room.