Chapter 14

A week after dads death a funeral was held at our local church. All of our family came over from Ireland and even our uncles from America came to pay their respects to dad. I tried not to cry as I struggled with my black tie but everything seemed to real and it was scary that today was our final goodbye to my lovely, comedic father.
"Here Wardo." Mum smiled lightly, sorting out my tie for me. She looked very pretty dressed  up in her long sleeved black lace dress and Louis veton shoes which dad had bought her for her 28th birthday. Emilia looked gorgeous too in her black dress and a black hoodie over it which used to be dads. It drowned her small body but she reused to take it off. "It smells like daddy." She stated when mum had asked her to take it off and after that mum gave up trying to fight her.  I myself had my hair gelled up at the front, the way dad used to do it and then was dressed in a pair of black trousers, a white shirt and black tie. Mum had given me permission to wear my black converse instead of my school shoes because dad loved converse and he was the one who had talked mum into buying them. The twins were being taken care of by Tasha ( our old babysitter) for the day so they wouldn't disturb the celebration of dads life. Tasha wanted to come but she promised mum that she would pay her respects later.
Many youtubers attended the service and fans lined the streets of our town to pay respects to the leader of the friendliest friends. As the coffin was brought in the song seven year by Lukas Graham rang through the church soon to be followed by fields of gold, a song that Zoe suggested, as we walked out of the church.
I had my important role to play in the service, both Emilia and I wrote something for dad, Emilia went first to read hers out but she couldn't get a single sentence in without bursting into tears so Alfie came up and read out Emilia's speech which was written down on a piece of paper, Emilia cried into his side whilst he read it out, struggling to hold back his tears himself. When it came to my turn to read out my speech I slowly walked up to the podium which was in the centre of the front of the church, I placed my piece of paper down on the little stand before starting to speak into the little microphone, I didn't take my eyes off dad the whole time I was speaking.
I opened my mouth slowly before speaking out to the packed church.
"My dad was the best dad anyone could every ask for." I started, I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I began to speak. " most people say this, but for me this is true. Dad was always the smiley man you saw when he was out or on the vlogs which he thought so passionately about. He was always the jokey person too, always cracking a joke here and there making everyone laugh. Some of my favourite moments with my dad was when he took me to see a car race. I had never seen him smile so much in one single day. We were really close."
I could feel my eyes starting to well up even more and my throat started to clog up as I tried to continue, the thought of my dads face makes me too upset, he should still be here with us.
"Dad always used to say that 'one day we are going to leave this world behind so we need to look back and make sure it matters'. He can most certainly look back at his life, because he definitely matters. He is a hero to so many people but more importantly he is my hero. I love you dad. Sleep tight." I finished before stepping forward and in front of the box which my dad is inside.
"I'll look after them dad. I love you daddy. Everything will be ok." I whispered, patting the wooden box lightly before going and sitting back down next to mum. She threw her arms straight around me, pulling me into a bear hug.
Emilia sat on Alfie's knee the whole way through the service and as we walked out he carried her as she cried into his shoulder, trying to hide her tear stained face to the rest of the mourners. During the service I couldn't take my eyes off the coffin. The beautiful white and silver designed box would be holding my father for hundreds if not thousands of years now. We couldn't hug him or kiss him like we used to because he was nailed tightly into a white wooden box.
The display over the coffin was also just as beautiful as the coffin it's self and it totally resembled dad. A youtube play button made out of white and red flowers was sat on the solid white lid alongside the words "Dad" and a special floral display which many fans had donated money towards, the words "friendliest friend" arranged in blue and white flowers which had the pride of place, facing the whole church on top of the coffin.
Just after we had announced Dads passing Ellie Wilson set up a just giving page so people could donate money to go towards a display which she was going to organise. Mum was so shocked by this lovely thought and so invited Ellie to come, it was lovely to finally be able to meet the now 24 year old who is pregnant with her first child. She commented on how lovely we all looked and then gave mum a big hug, telling her that she was coping greatly and that the whole YouTube community will miss Jonathan dearly.
We thanked her and she went back to her fiancé Tom, then everything seemed to be a little strange.
Everyone seemed to be chatting and laughing rather than thinking of dad. It was at this point that I realised that eventually we would have to move on, we didn't have to forget dad but we had to move on.