Chapter 7

I grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze. She looked out the window.

{BAY}

I looked out the window. I've never been so scared in my life. I felt Zayn's thumb rub circles on the back of my hand. He gave me a light squeeze.

My breathing started to lower, becoming more calm.

"Love you." I made a confused look.

I turned towards him. "What?" Zayn looked over at me and smiled. "Love you," he said again.

"Oh," I mouthed and went to look out the window again.

"It's a song," he spoke up. I moved my hand to my lap causing his hand to release mine.

"Sing it?" I returned back.

"You want me to sing it?" he chuckled. "Yeah," I looked at him.

"The way you smile  

The way you walk 

The way you say my name, love you

You are one of a kind. Different in many ways love you" he held out the 'you' part making himself squeak. "It's not a real song" I told him. "What? Yes it is"

"Nice try but it's not," I laughed. He made a pouting face.

"Turn here," I pointed. "Why?"

"Just do it please." he made the turn soft and smooth. The only sound was the steering wheel slide between his hands.

I looked around to see if I can find what I'm looking for.

"Can you turn right?" I said weakly. I don't want him to be mad.

"I don't get why we are going this way," he stated. He turned and stopped at the stop sign.

"Park over there." he did as told and I unbuckled my seat and got out. The nice cool wind hit my face.

"Bay? What are you doing?"

I turned to look at him. "I come here every Thursday". I walked forward and went to a bench. "I feel like I'm right here with him," I moved my hand back and forth on the bench seat. "Like I can touch him," I explained.

"Who?" Zayn asked.

"My dad. The diner was the first place we would go to...then he would park over here and we would just enjoy the night," I smiled but looked down. Zayn sat next to me.

"Do you think he will ever come back?" I asked looking into his eyes. "Who?" he asked again. "My dad, do you think once he is free and out of jail he will come back for me?" thats a question no one can answer, but it's best to try.

"I don't know, he might." he stood up and walked over to the car. I heard him slam the door shut. I turned my head just to look a what he was doing.

"Come on!" he yelled out the window. I stood up and walked to the car. Why was he being so pushy.

________

We headed to my house. I saw the drive way lights on. Zayn got out and opened my door.

"Thanks," I said. No one has ever done that for me.

He walked me to his door. I saw Carlos walk by. He looked at me and I saw the tears in his eyes form. I curled my lips in hoping to hold back mine. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

I gestured my hand at him. He ran to the front door and busted it open. I bent down at the right time. He tackled me to the ground. I slowly rubbed his back at his harsh sobs.