7

Next thing I knew I was up against the wall.

"Hello to you too Elijah." I said.

"Woah hey, no need for that." Damon said appearing beside us.

"You ran." Elijah whispered. I saw the hurt in his eyes.

"I would have died." I stated pushing him away from me. I began to walk away but he ran in front of me.

"I could have saved you and Katerina." He said.

"How did you expect me to know that? Hm? Katherine had told me that night the plans for the both of us. We were looking out for ourselves."

"You've made that clear." He said placing his hand in his pocket.

"So what's the plan? Assuming you have one to stop Klaus." I said. He narrowed his eyes at me.
I raised an eyebrow.

"Once Niklaus drinks Elena's blood, a Bennett witch will weaken him. Then I will step in and finish him myself." He explained.

"What does he plan on doing to Katherine?" I asked him.

"He will torment her to say the least then finally kill her." He told me.

I kept my face emotionless. I simply nodded.

"I must go." I said turning towards the door.

"Don't do anything foolish, Natalia." Elijah warned as I left.

-

I didn't return to the boarding house until the next day.

Tonight was the full moon. I can hear from inside they were discussing the plans for tonight. And I hear Damon fretting about Elena's safety.

I ran in and to his room where he was at.

"It's her choice Damon." I told him as I was leaning against the doorway. He groaned.

"Not you too." He said. "Do you really think that elixir with no expiration date will work?" He asks me.

"Just have faith Damon." I said. He sighs.

"I can't." He retorted.

"You love her, no?" He spares a glance at me.

"You know me well. Too well." He says. I smirk walking over and sitting next to him on his bed. I place a hand on his arm.

"Everything will be alright." I told him. He looks at me with his icy blue eyes. He smashed his lips onto mine catching me by surprise. I didn't pull away though nor kisses back. He pulled away.

"Sorry." He mumbled. I smirked.

"Damon Salvatore apologizing?" He rolled his eyes. I shrugged. "It's alright. You just remind me why I'm a lesbian."

"Ouch." I chuckled. I stood up patting his shoulder.

"Do not be so hard on yourself." I told him leaving his room, passing Elena on the way. She smiled at me and I returned it.

I stepped into the parlor room seeing the blonde guy from yesterday.

He looks familiar.

"You are Damon's brother, no?" He nodded.

Ah, that's why he looked familiar. What was his name again?

S...tefanie? Stephen? Stephan? Steven?

"Stefan." He said sticking his hand out to me. I took it and shook it.

"Natalie." I said. I heard yelling from upstairs. Stefan quickly ran up there.

I shook my head.

Damon you are an idiot.

-
After Damon and Stefan were done fighting Damon came down.

"She will never forgive you." Elijah told him.

"Thanks for reminding me." Damon grumbled.

-

I sat next to Damon at the bar as the bar tender poured him a drink.

"I'll have the same" I told him. He nodded.

"I screwed up." Damon admitted. I lightly sigh.

"Yes you did."

"Why so glum?" A voice from beside Damon asked. I tensed up.

"ugh. Klaus I presume?"

"In the flesh." He said flashing me a smirk. I looked from him to the door. "No need to be so tense love, relax. Even though you did snap my neck. But no worries you're not a priority right now."

"Is there any reason you stopped by to say hi?" Damon asks standing.

"I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelganger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret."

"Ha. Thanks for the advice." Damon said. "I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" Klaus chuckles which made me uneasy.

"You are kidding. He is kidding right?"

"No, not really." I said.

"I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?" Damon please be quiet now.

"Let me be clear I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up." Klaus warned him before leaving. Damon sits back down.

"That was fun." He said sarcastically.

"You are going to screw it up, aren't you?"

"You think if I took his werewolf out of the equation, she might...get over the fact that I tried to turn her into a vampire?" He asked me.

"I think it won't matter, because you will be dead." I stated.

"But without a werewolf he can't perform the ritual tonight, which mean I would have bought her one month before the next full moon."

"You will still be dead." I told him.

"Are you gonna help me or what?"

Sighing, I looked over at him.

"What do you want me to do?"

________________________________

At this rate I think this story is going to be longer then I expected so I guess its not going to be so much of a short story anymore at this rate.

Vote/Comment