5

I'm changing a few things with the whole ritual thing. But it's pretty much of what happens before the ritual.
______________

Present

I sped down the road passing a sign which read 'Welcome to Mystic Falls'.

It was a small town from the looks of it.

From what I have been told Katerina is here...but so is Klaus. Apparently there Katerina who now goes by Katherine has a doppelgänger named Elena.

I pulled up in front of a restaurant called Mystic Grill.

I guess they do not do originality here.

I step out of my 'borrowed' car.

Walking into the place I walked right to the bar.

"Bourbon please." I say. The blonde bartender nodded before placing a glass in front of me and pouring the liquid inside of it.

"Nat?" I turn my head and smirked.

"Damon Salvatore." I said standing up. He smirked walking over with a man behind him.
We embraced each other.

"Do I want to know?" The man behind him asked. We pulled apart.

"Ric this is a good friend of mine, Natalie Makarov." .

"Really Damon?" He said. Damon rolled his eyes.

"Not like that." He stated. "She's a lesbian." He whispered rather loudly.

"Yes thank you Damon." I said sarcastically. "Oh yes I forgot something." I said before slapping Damon across the face gaining everyone's attention on us.

Ric choked back a laugh.

"That was for never telling me Katherine was never in the tomb." I stated and slapped him on the other cheek. "And that was for not telling me she's in Mystic Falls." Damon adjusted his jaw.

"Hey I'm just saving you from heartbreak okay? She's a heartless bitch who screws everyone over." He stated. A clenched my fists.

"Uh, Damon." Ric said. Damon looked somewhere else and I turned that way to and saw her.....Katherine.

"Katherine." I whispered about to walk over there until Damon grabbed hold of my bicep.

"Easy there my Russian Ballerina." I glare at him for the nickname. "That's not Katherine." I looked over to her again where she was with a guy with blonde hair.

I ripped my arm from his grip.

"So that's the doppelgänger?" I asked him as I stared at her.

She looked just like Katerina. No doubt she is beautiful but she is not Katerina or I should say Katherine.

"They shouldn't be here." Damon mumbled before walking over there. I stayed behind.

"So it is true,no? That Klaus and Katherine are in town." Ric sighed.

"Yea it's true. I would know because Klaus possessed my body." He told me. I lightly scoff.

"Of course he did." I said.

"How do you know Klaus?" He asked me as we sat back at the bar where I drank my bourbon.

"Long story short I knew Katherine when she was still human and I was there when Klaus was supposed to use her for the sacrifice. But as you probably know we escaped and became vampires." I explained.

"Looks like their leaving." I look over at the entrance where Damon, Elena and the guy left.

"I presume the ritual is tomorrow." He nodded.