Summer Love chapter 35: Barking

Arthur's P.O.V.

Everything was going according to plan. We had a delicious dinner that Rose cooked before she left. I wanted to help in the kitchen earlier but all of them, even Matthew, claimed that I was over working myself so I left that task to them.

Alice went up to her room right after dinner to read Magnus Chase, or so she says, but of course I know it's a lie. She had already finished reading it. All of us, excluding (Name), knew that she was actually taking care of Steve - I can't believe we actually named him that - and the other puppy we were going to give (Name).

I'm actually very reluctant on giving her the puppy. What if she was a cat person? What if she has dog allergies? What if she was once chased by a dog when she was younger and she now has PTSD? 

I tried to think positive and told myself that everything's gonna go fine. Speaking of (Name), she was currently seated beside me on one of the swing seats looking beautiful as ever. It took everything I had in me to prevent myself from wrapping my arms around her. The cool evening air made her cheeks rosy and I silently cursed myself for not wearing a jacket. 

"Are you cold, (Name)?" I asked and I mentally slapped myself. Of course she is, I thought. 

"Oh, no. I'm fine," she gave me a small smile and my heart was doing back flips. She had this affect on me. 

I was about to say something but then I heard barking. (Name) whipped her head up towards Alice's bedroom window where the barking was coming from. Oh no.

All conversations stopped right then and there. Alfred and Amelia looked at me with wide eyes and facial expressions that could be roughly translated as 'Oh shit'.

Oh shit, indeed.

Angelica was trying to grab (Name)'s attention by talking loudly in hopes that it would blanket the puppies' barking. The barking stopped and (Name)'s mouth was wide open. Oh gods she looks so cute and she- Focus Kirkland!

Just when I thought that the worst was over, Steve and the other puppy started barking once more. I could faintly hear Alice trying to get them to be quiet.

"I didn't know you had a dog," she looked at me with excitement. So much for it being a surprise. 

"U-um.. yeah," I stuttered. Great. "Two dogs actually. A friend of ours has a dog and she had puppies. He said he couldn't possibly take care of all of them so he kept two and gave us the other two."

She leaned towards me and grabbed my arm. For a split second there I thought she was going to kiss me. 

"Can I go see them?" She looks so cute, gods I wanna kiss her- FOCUS! She stared at me with pleading eyes. As if I would say no to her. "Please, please?"

"Y-yeah, of course!" I replied and I'm at least ninety percent sure I'm blushing. 

She squealed and got up, letting go of my arm in the process. The others got up as well.

"You know bro, I personally think you've been hanging out with Matt too much," Alfred said as we headed towards the back door.

I looked at him with a confused expression. "Why's that?"

"You're starting to stutter. Or is that just with (Name)?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and ran inside, laughing, before I had the chance to smack him upside the head.

~~~~~~~~~~

Aaaand we're back to short chapters. Sorry guys. I'll try to make them longer next time.

Anywaaays. I'm currently reading the Divergent series and I'm now on the third book. The first movie was okay but I haven't seen the second and third one. By just watching the trailers, I can hereby conclude that they don't follow the books. But I'll still watch Allegiant this March haha xD

And am I the only one who thinks movie Eric is hot? Just sayin' :3

Did you like this chapter by the way? If you did please vote for it and leave a comment :)

I hope you liked and thanks for reading!