ALL TOGETHER

Jason stood at the entrance of the mansions driveway, thinking to himself if he was crazy for coming. His friends had begged him constantly the week before ever since he got the invite to come and have fun, but he said no, claiming that parties just weren't his thing.

And they weren't. Jason was more of a laid back, relaxed kind of guy, which was extremely rare in his school. Most of the guys in his school were obnoxious, loud, and carefree, which was mainly the reason why they got in trouble the most.

Jason's friends, Becca and Dominic, came to the party together. Those two claimed that the were just friends, although both of them had been fond of each other for a very long time.

Sighing, Jason tried not to cringe while music progressed as he walked inside. He could barely see straight with the mass of bodies dancing against each other.

'Remind me why I'm here again?' Jason thought begrudgingly. He knew that if he didn't come, he would have to deal with his friends hangovers while they murdered him for not coming.

All he had to do was find at least one of them that were sober enough to remember that he came. Jason managed to squeeze through the crowd, trying to search for his obnoxious friends.

He could feel a headache coming, even though he didn't go near a drink yet.

"Jason!" A faint voice called out. He whipped his head around and found a familiar intoxicated blonde. Becca. "You came!" She squealed, entrancing him in a bear hug. Jason faked a laugh.

"It was either that," Jason managed to say over the loud music. "Or dealing with your murderous selves tomorrow morning."

"You know I would have done it." Becca shrugged, grabbing a random shot and chugging it down her throat. She managed to hold it in while smiling at the same time. "Did you have a drink yet?"

Jason shook his head. "You know these parties aren't my thing." Becca rolled her eyes, already used to Jason claiming that these parties weren't his thing.

"A lot of stuff isn't your thing!" Becca slurred, wobbling towards what Jason presumed to be a kitchen. He was right.

Mounts of alcohol were perched on top of one another, starting from light to completely strong. Jason cringed at the thought of drinking any form of alcohol as Becca poured a small shot of vodka.

"Just drink this," She instructed. Jason sighed. One drink and that's it. He did come in a car, after all. He needed to drive it back. He quickly drank it in one gulp, ignoring the stingy warm feeling in his throat. "Now we need to find you a beer."

"No," Jason protested, his throat raspy. "That's enough."

"Just one beer that you can sip throughout the night." Becca assured, grabbing and opening a fresh cold beer. Jason grumbled and snatched the beer out of her hands accidentally spilling some. "Now we need to find you a girl."

Jason sighed, knowing that it was bad to protest to Becca even when she was intoxicated. She was more demanding and frustrating when she drank alcohol.

Her eyes peered through the large crowd, searching for a person that seemed similar to Jason's standards. He never told her anything about what he preferred over a girl, so she just guessed.

"Aha!" She squealed, dragging Jason into the crowd. Jason was swarmed with people pushing into him, dancing and rubbing their sweaty bodies onto his. He abandoned his beer on a random desk that held a lamp an hurried to catch up go where Becca was.

Becca went outside and went up to a girl who seemed vaguely familiar. Jason felt his feelings skyrocket as he tried to remember where he had seen this girl before.