Chapter Three

Their lips were softly pressed together for a long time, until Eliza separated. She had a bit of desire lurking in her eyes before she quickly put on a blank mask.

"Your a good kisser." She bluntly stated, a blush forming on her cheeks. Jason smirked, and stood up.

"Come on, lets go back." Jason said. Eliza followed, stealing one say glance at the view of their town before walking away. Minutes later they both walked out of the woods and into Jason's car. "Do you want to go anywhere else?"

"Nah, I actually have to go home now." Eliza said, twiddling with her fingers. Jason nodded and started driving, memories of the kiss still lingering in his mind. How perfect their lips were while they were pressed together.

Jason bit his lip and turned on the radio to distract himself. "So, I never really got to ask you. What's your favorite song?"

"Well, I have too many to decide, but if I would choose, I guess it would have to be all of Air Supply's songs." Eliza said with a smile.

"Air Supply?" Jason laughed. "They are so old!"

"I know they are old, but I love their music!" Eliza defended. "You've heard of them before?"

"Yeah, my family played them from time to time. Their music is good." Jason said, remembering a small snippet of a song. "Here I am, The one that you love," he softly murmured.

"Aha!" Eliza suddenly squealed. "You owe me twenty bucks!"

Jason raised his eyebrows and groaned, realizing what she just did. "Fuck."

---

Later on that day, after Jason dropped Eliza off, he called his two friends, Becca and Dominic to hang out. Today, he honestly did not want to be close to where his parents were. His way of dealing this were ignoring it until the problem subsided. And that's what he was going to do. Yeah, it's a bad way to handle things, but Jason didn't know how else he could handle this situation.

"We should totally go laser tagging." Becca suggested. They were at the mall, eating some very late lunch at four o'clock.

"With what people?" Jason scoffed. "Laser tag needs like twenty-four people and we only have three."

"I didn't mean now, stupid." Becca snapped, rolling her eyes. "I meant like next Friday. Dominic and I could invite some of our friends and hang out." Friday.. That's in one week. Jason thought sourly.

"I can't go." Jason said automatically. Becca sighed, while Dominic rolled his eyes.

"What excuse have you made up now?" Dominic asked, crossing his arms. Jason bit his tongue from saying something rude. He decided not to tell them. They wouldn't be as understanding as Eliza.

"Family problems." Jason decided to say. Dominic shrugged.

"Whatever," Becca sighed. "We should go do something."

"Do what?" Jason said, distracted.

"Find you a girl." Becca bluntly stated. Jason rolled his eyes.

"I already have a girl." He found himself saying.

"That Eliza chick?" Dominic asked, grinning.

"Maybe." Jason said, avoiding both of their heated stares. He didn't know if he and Eliza were friends, or more. Friends don't go kissing each other and flirting. He decided that he was going to ask her later on, when he saw her again. He hoped it would be very soon.

---

Two hours later, Jason was in his room, searching for a job. He figured that if he looked for a job during the day and then a job on the computer, he would earn double money and he wouldn't have to struggle as much.