Chapter Fifteen

holy hell I'm so behind on nanowrimo. I wish I wasn't so busy these past three days....

Anyways, enjoy this chapter! :D

vote/comment/fan!

---

Jason vaguely heard Eliza's breath hitch as he stared shocked at the phone, still not believing that he got inside. Amber loved Alexander? Since when? He shook his head in disbelief.

"Amber loved Alexander?" Eliza said, equally as shocked as Jason. He didn't answer and started searching through the phone, first looking through the phones history of the calls Amber received and the calls she dialed. For some reason, though, the last time she got a phone call and dialed somebody was over a year ago.

"Should I call?" Jason whispered, his finger hovering over the redial option.

"I-I don't know..." Eliza replied, biting her lip in nervousness.

"We might get information," Jason sighed, pressing the number and putting the phone to his ear. He felt Eliza tense up as soon as he put the call on speaker. After five dial tones, someone finally picked up. Music was heard loudly in the background, making it hard to hear the person who answered.

"Hello?" A gruff voice answered. Jason frowned as he tried to recognize the voice. It sounded extremely familiar to him...

"Who is this?" Jason spoke up, after a moment. A few seconds later, the music was slowly fading away until there was silence.

"I told you not to call this number unless you wanted me to kill someone," The guy mumbled into the phone, sounding fierce and cold-hearted. Eliza and Jason locked eyes, both of them in complete fear. "So, do you want me to kill someone?"

Jason's heart thumped quickly inside of him, almost blocking out what the guys said to him. 'What do I do?' he mouthed to Eliza. She shrugged and stared at him, feeling extremely scared and nervous of what was about to happen.

'I don't know?' She mouthed back, running a distressed hand through her hair.

"No, actually." Jason finally replied, shocking both of them even more.

"Then what do you want?" The man snapped, audibly sighing angrily. "I'm busy, if you can't tell."

"I want to ask you some questions," Jason said, trying not to anger the guy. He was extremely important to their plan to beat Amber and Alexander.

"Listen, for whoever this is, I'm not answering shit unless I get something out of it." The guy grumbled, while making some shuffling noise. Jason swallowed and tried not to show his nervousness through his voice.

"I'll give you five grand." He answered, while Eliza's jaw dropped.

"Alrighty then," Jason could almost hear the guy smirk through the phone after a swift moment of silence. "Where do we meet?"

"Where are you now?" Jason asked.

"Im in Philadelphia," The guy answered dryly, more shuffling coming on the phone. "In one of their largest clubs, Exotic."

Jason sighed. Philadelphia was two hours away from where they were, and they needed to somehow get there without anyone knowing.

"I'll be there in two hours and thirty minutes." Jason replied, hanging up the phone.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Eliza snapped, pushing him. "You don't even know the guy! He might kill you!"

"I doubt he will kill me," Jason shrugged, standing up. "I'm giving him five grand."