Chapter 26

Ezra's POV

After watching Ahsoka and Barriss forgive each other, Qui-Gon took me to yet another place. It was swampy and very moist. Nothing like Lothal.

"Where are we?" I asked Qui-Gon.

"Dagobath," he answered simply.

"And what is here?"

"A friend."

He led me to a small hut. Outside of the hut, seeming to be waiting for us, was none other than Yoda himself.

"Master Yoda," Qui-Gon bowed his head.

"Welcome, my friend. And a new friend, I see you have brought," Yoda said.

"I believe you have met Ezra."

"Yes, yes, of course. Come in."

《~》

"Do you think this will change anything?" Qui-Gon asked Yoda.

"Written in prophecy, it is," Yoda said with confidence.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"During the Clone Wars, Master Yoda had a vision. A vision that was very confusing at the time. But we now believe we understand it," Qui-Gon explained.

"And I guess I am involved?" I asked.

"True, this is. About you, the vision was. A prophecy, spoken to me, it was," Yoda stated.

"What did it say?"

The two old men looked at each other. I didn't knowuch about the Force, but I could tell it was troubling them.

"Curious, a child's mind always is," Yoda sighed.

"Ezra, we can not give you all the answers you wish to hear, but we can tell you one thing. Death is just a phase for you. The Force has chosen few people to ever come back from the dead, but you are one of them. It means you have a destiny to fulfill, and the Force plans on you doing so," Qui-Gon explained.

"Wait, so I am not dead?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Right now, you are. When ready to become alive again, you will know," Yoda said.

"And what am I supposed to do until then?"

"Watch over the others, you will. Great destinies, aheaf if all of you. You must act to fulfill them," Yoda said.

"Before I go off on this wonder-filled adventure, why me?" I asked. "Why am I so important?"

"Because you view the world differently, Ezra. And the galaxy needs a different point of view for once," Qui-Gon said.