~21~

Warning: pg13
My breathing hitched in my throat, my mouth hanging open, and my brows pulled together in confusion, shock, and anxiety. "Don't say that..."

"Would I say it if it weren't true?" He asked, his voice a bit harder then what it normally was. "If you're still a pure blood... Then I guess it's a good thing you don't remember the feelings you have for me. Returning to heaven with me on your arm would have been a hundred times worse... " he slowly backed up and sat on a plush chair, folding his face in his hands. He let out a bark of a laugh, "good thing you have Mike... Even though he's Rogue, he's still better then me."

"Sense when do I "have" Mike?" I asked, laying back down on my stomach. "Is he like, my boyfriend, and no one wanted to tell me?"

He clenched his jaw, resting his elbows on his knees and looking directly at me. "Thought you knew about it."

"Knew about what?" I asked. "How I supposedly look at him? And how I'm apparently in love with this kid?"

He chuckled darkly, "I didn't say in love. You did."

I looked at him wide eyed, "you really think I'm in love with him?" He just looked at me, his eyes unwavering. "You are the most jealous person I have ever met."

He cocked his head to the side, "I'm not jealous."

I bit my lip, his eyes leaving my face instantly. "well you're wrong." I sat up, and stood up. "I'm actually in love with Jake, so. Get your facts straight." I muttered, walking around the bed.

I was intending on going to the bathroom, but I suppose he thought I was leaving.

He grabbed my hand before I had a chance to take more then four steps, and pushed me gently to the wall. "Where do you think you're going?"

"The bathroom..." I muttered, lifting my eye brow. "Where did you think I was going?"

His eyes stayed on me, looking me over intently. and just like that, I remembered how close he was to me. His hands were wrapped around my wrists, his forearms pressing mine to the wall. His chest was pressed to mine, his hips, pressing me and pinning me to the wall. But he was so gentle about it, clearly not wanting to hurt me, just keep me here and keep me safe.

"I know you want to go see one of the other ones." He said, drawing my attention back to his face. I looked up to see his eyes closed, his lips parted as he breathed heavily. "Probably Jake, but I need to keep you here. I need to keep you safe. I know more about this then he does..." He swallowed hard, "please just stay.."

"Are you okay?" I asked, "do you hear yourself?"

His eyes opened, hooded and filled with so much emotion. "What are you talking about?" His voice was rough, his breath tickling my skin.

"I... Really just needed to pee." I whispered. "I rather spend time with you then them..." My eyes roamed over his face, landing on his lips. His tongue skidded across them quickly. I closed my eyes, distant memories threatening to overcome me.

"Abigail..." He said my name so tenderly it hurt.

I looked up at him again, pressing myself against the wall. "Jax.." I whispered.

His jaw visibly clenched, his eyes shutting. With a low growl he pushed off of me and went to the other side of the room.

I took in a deep breath, my mind unfogging. That's what he can do to me? I shook myself mentally. I could see why I wanted him so bad in another life... Or how much I wanted him now... Just to touch me. Caress me... Make me feel like-