~10~

I was laying on my bed, Vie had left to go see her girlfriend, leaving me alone in the room with my thoughts.

My thoughts were not something I exactly wanted to be alone with, so I played music softly in the background. Still, no matter how much i sang along with the songs or tapped my foot to the beat, I still found myself thinking about the dream I had the other night. Or the memory I had...

In my dream, the forgotten had large black wings, and even when I had imagined seeing Mr. Paxton outside he had wings... And I had large white ones that seemed to make their wings looks like just a Mere feather.

He had told me his name. When he had just met me, and he wanted my trust, so he went out of his comfort zone and told me his name. Now he acted as if it severely affected him whenever I don't acknowledge his name.

My eyes fluttered closed, I was so tired. So drained of all of this. Emotionally and physically my body could not function anymore... And I felt myself fall back into a dream.
***
"I really need to go back to my father..." I whispered sleepishly. I laid on the bed in a baggy t shirt, my head on his lap as he sat up, flipping through his schedule book. "He's going to think I couldn't handle myself."

He laughed bitterly, "Well, you couldn't. I saved you, remember?" He pointed out.

I had been with him for about two and a half weeks now, my father hadn't even sent out search parties for me..

"How are you feeling?" He whispered down to me before I could comment on his insult.

"I'm good. I don't hurt at all anymore."

"Lean back." He whispered.

I moved myself and laid flat on my back. He positioned himself so he sat cross legged facing me at my side. He slowly rolled up my shirt, exposing my laced undies and my belly, my tattoo warming at the nearness of his fingers.

He looked up at me, "You're not scared of me, are you?" He whispered, setting a hand on my still bruised rib.

I shook my head, gasping a bit at his touch. "Of course not.."

He moved his hand slightly so it hovered over my belly, his finger nearly touching my tattoo. "What do you want, Johanna...?" He whispered, meeting my eyes. The look he gave me was so intense, I felt my body clench together.

"What do you mean?" My eyes flickered to his finger, hovering over my skin. I so badly wanted him to touch me. To feel me. To trace my designs with his long fingers. He had kept himself so distant from me, only ever touching me to heal me. Only ever allowing me to not be fully clothed after bathing. My eyes flickered back up to his, the silence thick.

"What... Do you want, Johanna?" His jaw clenched, his eyes burning with passion.

"Touch me." I whispered.

His eyes snapped shut, his jaw clenching. "Louder. So I can hear you."

"Touch me, Jax..." I lifted my belly up just a little, his finger grazing over my tattoo.

My whole body warmed at his touch, the sensation spreading everywhere so quickly. How could someone who was supposed to be so cold... Be so warm?

His fingers traced all of my swirls. Around my belly button and up over my ribs. Before he began to kiss my belly, leading up to my chest, and soon he hovered over my face, my lips parted in anticipation.

"Abigail." He whispered.

"Yes.."

"Abigail... Abigail wake up."