Crap I didn't mean to make him feel bad. If anything I loved the fact that he kept me on my toe's with his slick come back's. I really should have just kept my mouth shut.

"I didn't mean it like that Gabe. I love that your willing to give me everything I dish out right back." I said with a big smile.

"Still-"

"NO. And I would love a adult drink." My smile still intact.

Shacking his head Gabe leaned down and kissed my forehead, before walking over the liquor cabinet. I took advantage of having Gabe's back facing me. The back of him was almost as good as the front, with those wide shoulders that tapered down to a perfectly trimmed waist and behind. But my musing was interrupted when Gabe turned back around holding our hour drinks.

"Come on. We got some thing's to discuses, right?"

Smiling I followed Gabe out the sliding screen door to the back porch. When I got outside I couldn't help noticing the beautiful set of Adirondacks chairs. As I sat down in one I noticed that they were also made from real hard wood. I wonder were Gabe got them. I shock my head, it's not like the man's not sitting next to me. I could just ask his.

"These are beautiful chair's. Where did you get them form?"

Gabe ran his hand throw his hair before answering my question. "I made them."

"Wow Gabe there amazing." I said looking at the chairs in aw.

"Don't sound so surprised. Don't you remember me telling you that I was a contractor before."

Ah yes I do remember him saying that. It was the day he and Ryan had come into the bakery for lunch. Having this reminder of the fact that my hunky neighbor was a contractor reminded me of my to-do list. Gabe really could kill two of those item's him being the stone.

"Well in my defenses you said you were a contractor not a craftsman."

Gabe laughed. "There the same thing were I come from Lilly."

"Oh well I knew that. So you were a contractor were ever you lived before?" I asked hoping Gabe would get the hint that I was trying to fill in the blanks, that were Gabe's past.

Gabe smiled over at me. He understood what I wanted. "Yes I was a contractor back in Texas. I worked for my fathers company with my three younger brothers in Huston."

"A contractor by trade. What made you leave the family business? Judging by these beautiful chairs I'm guessing you were pretty good at what you did." I didn't mean to pry but I just knew there was a story behind Gabe's leaving Texas.

"You sure don't dance around the hard questions, now do ya." Gabe said this with a forced smile.

"I'm sorry if I prying a little to deep to early, but I cant help but get the felling that there's a pretty good reason to why you left Texas."

Gabe picked up his glass and brought it to his lips once again as he looked into the fire. I think I just managed to put my foot right back into my mouth again. Really when well I learn.

The silences stretched out for so long that I was afraid that we would never speak again. So I was surprised when I here'd the rumble of Gabe's deep voice begin to speak again."I left Texas because my ex-wife had an affair with my cousin. Not that this was the first time she had done something like this, but that last one was the one that pushed me right on over the edge."

I stayed silent as I watched Gabe. His revelation stunned me in a way. He was divorced , but that wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was the fact that his ex had the nerve to cheat on this man in the first dam places. Yet the women had to make it worries by adding salt to the womb by having the affair with his cousin.