Chapter 28

Consider Me Gone 

A Draco Malfoy Love Story 

Chapter 28    

The following day Draco kept his eyes fixed upon his son, he had a slight feeling that no matter how much he trusted him that there would always be that slight chance of a spilling up on the event of last night. To be fair, he was incredibly close to bringing Blaise over and have him perform the unbreakable woe between Scorpius and him.           

                Draco walked into the kitchen after the family had finished their dinner, to find his wife unloading the dishwasher. He had been avoiding her as best he could for the day, though she didn’t care much about it, but she still found it odd indeed. Draco leaned over the counter table and he felt his face grow hot.

                “So umm… Whacha doin?” he asked nervously, Astoria didn’t stop her work to answer him.

                “Unloading the dishwasher… obviously.” She said confusion. Draco began to drum his fingers on the counter top, he took a deep breath out and pursed his lips together.

                “So… you’re not mad at me?” he asked. Astoria put the plate she held in her hand down on the counter and narrowed her eyes at him.

                “No…. I’m not mad at you,” Draco breathed out relaxed, “yet.” She added which made him tense up.

                “What do you mean ‘yet’?” Astoria shrugged.

               “Well if you think about it logically you always end up doing something incredibly stupid, and that causes me to loose it.” She replied.

                “Oh yeah?” he asked as his wife nodded a reply.

                “Yes.”

                “So you’re not mad at me.” He asked again just to clarify. Astoria sighed heavily and nodded.

                “Why would I be mad at you?”

                “I don’t know.” He replied, Astoria nodded and muttered something under her breath.

                “Good, then shut up before I do.” She said slamming one of the kitchen drawers shut. In the meantime, the doorbell of the manor rang. “you expecting anyone.” Astoria asked Draco confused and he shook his head.

                “No” he left the kitchen and walked to the front door of the manor. Fortunately, he wasn’t the first one to the door; Scorpius was there, and to Draco’s surprise his mother was the one at the door.

                “Draco,” his mother said shifting her weight from one leg to the other, “May I come in?” She asked. He nodded and opened the door wide enough for her to walk inside.

                “Yeah sure.” Narcissa peered around the main entrance of the manor.

                “Draco, is Astoria here?” She asked him.

                “Yes.” Narcissa gave a weak smile.

                “Okay… listen Draco. Scorpius told me about,” she lowered her voice, “Kathryn.” She finished. Draco glared at his son and gave him a stern look.

                “You told my Mother?” he asked in disbelief Scorpius gave him a sly smile, his face slightly turning red. “ I told you not to!”