Chapter 16

Late one night Draco sat in his study. His eyes peered upon his old photo album and he looked upon the pictures that were in it. One picture showed him and his best friend Blaise Zabini at the Quidditch World Cup years back. Draco remembered that night well; his Mother and Father went around the camp setting everything on fire, causing chaos and havoc. Draco didn’t want to admit it but it was one of the most terrifying things he had ever seen.

As he looked back and thought of himself as a Death Eater he understood perfectly that he wasn’t meant to be one. He wasn’t evil just misunderstood. Being part of the cause was a horrible thing to look back upon. The battle of Hogwarts was a perfect memory of what he had done.

The battle of Hogwarts was where everything came to an end for him. It was the end of his Death Eater days, it became the ending point with his friendship with Vincent Crabbe after his tragic Death, and it became the end with his relationship with Kathryn. Draco for one was happy that the Dark Lord had died, he was grateful to know that Harry Potter and him had given up their rivalry for the future. Draco thought about Kathryn a lot, and it got him wondering whether or not she thought of him too.

*~*~

Kathryn sat in her Apartment and stared out the window looking upon the busy streets of Downtown London. The past few months have been quite exhilarating for her. She had met her lover for the first time in years, though she was vividly upset to find out about his marriage to Astoria Greengrass. She knew for a fact that she didn’t like her much, she remembered when they had met at the Restaurant a few days ago, and Kathryn was able to see the Hatred in Astoria’s eyes. She hadn’t done anything to her; she didn’t have anything against her. Kathryn didn’t understand.

Kathryn walked into her cream colored kitchen and began to make herself coffee. She turned on the on-switch and then waited until the water came to a boil. As she went about her kitchen cupboards looking for sugar and cream, Kathryn heard a knock on her door. Kathryn walked to the front and opened it, there her best friend Suez stood in front of her.

“Hey, am I interrupting anything?” She asked.

“No, come on.” Kathryn said, she held the door wide enough for her friend to enter her apartment. Suez walked into the Kitchen and Kathryn followed behind her. Suez peered over her coffee machine and pointed at it.

“I’ll have some of that.” She said. Kathryn smiled and nodded. She walked up to one of her white cupboards and pulled out a coffee mug. In the meantime Suez poured the warm beverage into both mugs. The two walked into Kathryn’s living room and took a seat on the couch.

Kathryn had met Suez Hart on the Hogwarts express in their first year at Hogwarts School. They had both been sorted into Gryffindor and since then they had been best friends. They did everything together; they were so close that they even worked for the same fashion Magazine, “British Vogue”.

“Anything new?” Kathryn asked her. Suez shook her head and took a sip of her coffee.

“Not really... Just the usual wedding plans.” She replied. Suez had been engaged to Clay Perry, a Ravenclaw at Hogwarts and was a year ahead of the two. Kathryn was Suez’s Maid of Honor at the wedding.

“What’s next on the list?”

“Um… I have my bachelorette party to plan, and then the usual dress fitting for everyone else, and then…. Well that’s all I can remember.” She said. “Enough about me… what about you and Draco?” She asked raising her brows. Kathryn gave her a how-did-you-know? Look. “I saw you two at the Restaurant, spill.” She ordered. Kathryn shrugged.

“What’s there to tell? He’s married and has a kid. I’ve only seen him twice since then…” Kathryn trailed off. Suez knew perfectly well what that meant.

“Has he said anything to you about old times?”

“No.”

“That’s not so bad.”

“Not so bad? What do you mean?” Kathryn yelled at her unexpectedly. Suez didn’t take it so harsh, her best friend had been alone ever since Hogwarts.

“I mean that the first time, you saw him with his son. Obviously he couldn’t say anything in front of him. Then the next time you saw him, he was at Dinner with his wife. Do you really think he would have said something like ‘I love you’ around them? Of course he isn’t. Think about it Kat.” Suez explained to her.

“Well it’s easy for you to say isn’t it? You’re getting married, Hell everyone I know is already married! My life is like crap now!” She explained.

“Do you still love him?” She asked calmly. Kathryn eyes began to water and she folded her lips curtly.

“Yes.” She said as tears slid down her face uncontrollably.