Chapter 15

Once Draco apperated him and his wife to there desired destination he let go of her hand and dazed at the building in front of them. There a tall red elegant building stood before them, Draco had taken his wife out for Dinner at the same restaurant where he had proposed to her. Draco led Astoria inside and they were seated momentarily.

“It’s been a while since we’ve been out together… I thought that today would be okay.” He said as Astoria nodded along as she flipped through the menu they were given. “You look nice.” He said complementing her. Astoria smiled at him weakly.

She was delighted that her husband started caring for her again. She was just under suspicion that something was odd about his behavior. In fact, the more she thought of it the more clear it became for her to realize that his odd behavior started after he met Kathryn Tyler again at Diagon Ally.

This made Astoria feel a bit uneasy; he was quite fond of her. Draco might have been 2 years ahead of her when they attended Hogwarts but, that didn’t mean that she wasn’t in-loop with all of the controversy he was creating the Gryffindor. It was most certain that almost everyone knew about the odd relationship that Gryffindor in Slytherin had with each other. A Slytherin dating a Gryffindor or vise versa was considered mad, that the person needed a sanity check. But no, that wasn’t what Draco believed at the time. Astoria began to feel queasy.

“Draco,” She started, Draco looked up from his menu and smiled half-heartedly, “I have to go to the lavatory.”She said as she got up from her seat and walked to the bathroom leaving Draco alone at their table.

When Astoria left Draco sighed heavily and waited for the waitress to come by with their drinks. Draco took a long sip of his fire whisky and then leaned back in his chair. He sat there for moments gazing about the room looking at the many faces that were seated that night. His eyes darted above fellow childhood friends. As he looked some more he noticed a familiar face look up in his direction. His face lit up immediately. Kathryn was here tonight as well.

Draco smiled at her and she grinned back at him. He watched as she excused herself from her table of friends and walked in his direction. Kathryn took a seat near him at his table.

“Draco, nice to see you again.” She said warm-heartedly to him. Draco nodded and took another sip of his whisky.

“You too… how are you?” He asked. Kathryn shrugged in response.

“Good… things have been easy going for the most part, but alright. Yourself?” She asked him.

“Well. My son left for Hogwarts yesterday so that was nice,” He said to her and noticed that Kathryn’s face began to lit up more, “He got into Slytherin.” He said proudly with his famous smirk perched on his face.

“That’s good to hear. Has he made any friends?” She asked.

“Yeah… a few from Slytherin, and some from Gryffindor.” He said. Kathryn smiled brightly and pointed her finger at him.

“He’s a lot like you isn’t he? He looks like you and so far he even has the same life you had at Hogwarts.” He stated. Draco chuckled slightly.

“I guess… only I became friends with you in our 4th year… not first.” He corrected. Kathryn nodded slowly.

“Right… is your wife here with you? Or are you here with a friend?” She asked him suddenly.

“Yeah, I’m here with Astoria.” He replied.

“Where is she?” she asked scanning the area.

“The bathroom.” He said. “Whom did you come with?” He asked her trying to change the subject.

“A few friends from work” She said.

“Where do you work?” he asked.

“Fashion magazine.”

“Which one?” He asked her.

“British Vogue”

“Why did you bring Muggles to a place where wizards and witches are dining?” He asked. Over the years Draco had finally stopped referring to muggle born’s as ‘Mudbloods’.

“Oh! because some of them are witches, but they like me prefer not working for the Ministry.” She said teasing him.

“Aaaa. Yes I remember. Kingsly though, I like working for him, good minister.” Draco said as he gulped down another swing if his drink.

As Kathryn continued her socializing with him, Draco began to scan around the room again this time setting his eyes on Astoria who had just come out from the bathroom.He quickly looked away from her gaze, knowing that she would be pissed at him for what he was doing. Draco could feel her eyes gazing at him, burning his pale skin into ashes of guilt. It wasn’t until Kathryn pointed Astoria out that Draco known she was there.

“Hello Astoria?” Kathryn said as she sat up from her chair and extended her arm. Astoria didn’t shake it, but nodded and slowly took her seat again.

“…Kathryn…” She said weakly not looking upon her gaze.

“How are things with Scorpius at Hogwarts?” She asked her, holding back the urge to smack her Astoria replied.

“Good so far… he’s enjoying it from what we’ve read…” She said. Draco, Astoria, and Kathryn could all feel the tension building up inside them. Draco looked at Kathryn and through his eyes told her that she should leave, Kathryn understood perfectly and left.

“Nice meeting you… say ‘hello’ to Scorpius for me,” was all she said before taking off back to her table. Draco watched as she left with a dumbfounded look in his eyes.

“Draco… what are you thinking?” Astoria asked a while later as she placed another spoonful of alfredo in her mouth, she chewed carefully and waited for his reply.

“Nothing…I’m fine.” He said before meeting her gaze. Astoria smiled warmly at him and he responded by smiling weakly.

Draco however wasn’t able to keep his eyes away from Kathryn. He longed to touch her, to hug her, to kiss her one more time, but he couldn’t. It wasn’t right. He had a wife and a son, sure this wasn’t the life that he had planned for but it was better than nothing. That whole night Draco was lout of line and all he could think about was Kathryn.