Chapter 10

As Soon as the couple reached the manor, Astoria ran out of the car and inside the Manor. She hurried up the stairs to Scorpius’s bedroom and looked at the space around her.

She wanted to wake up and see her son sleeping in the bedroom across from hers every night. She loved him; her child was her whole world. Though she knew that he thought differently with her being away from him a lot, she thought that it would be for the best.

“Astoria?” Draco asked he walked into Scorpius’s bedroom. She didn’t turn around to face him, but continued her silent sobbing. “Astoria don’t make this into such a big deal.” Draco said. Astoria turned around.

“This is a big deal for me Draco! I’m a mother, he’s my child!” she said, her sobbing continued.

Draco couldn’t help but wonder that this is how Astoria felt about him. She loved him with her heart he was her whole world. Astoria might not show her affection, but when the person she truly loves is gone… her emotions get the best of her and the result becomes a disaster.

Draco couldn’t bear to see his wife like this. We walked over to her wrapping his arms around her and soothing her down. He still had his soft spot for his family, no mater what the relationship.

“Astoria you love him and he knows that. He loves you.” Draco said.

“No he doesn’t…” She whispered.

“Why not?” Draco asked her.

“I’m a terrible mother. You know that.” She said.

“Well… not when he was younger, you were attached to him.” Draco said. This was true, when Scorpius was younger around 3-5 years old Astoria would never be caught seen without him. They spent all of their time together. What happened? Draco thought.

“What happened with your bond?” Draco asked her. “You and Scorpius I mean.” He added. Astoria took in a huge amount of breath.

“Well… we used to fight a lot, and I thought that the best way to keep our marriage together would be if we had a lot of space between each other. Just Scorpius got caught in the middle of it too.” She said.

“So… you avoid your family so that your marriage doesn’t fall apart?” Draco asked her. Astoria nodded.

“Yes.” She said so quietly that Draco was barley able to hear the words come out of her mouth.

Draco pulled his wife closer to him gripping her tightly in a secure way. He ran his fingers through her hair and wiped away her tears with his fingers. He kissed her cheek softly and then pressed their cheeks together. The couple sat in a comfortable silence for hours together, for the first time in years.

Who would have ever thought that Scorpius attending Hogwarts would be the cure for them to get along like old times?