Chapter 21

Weeks had passed and Kathryn and Draco were getting together quite a lot on a daily basis. Most of the time when they met, it would be where no one would least expect them to be, whether it being at Kathryn’s apartment, Kathryn’s office, out about Downtown, the places were endless. Now, Christmas was arriving and things were getting hectic for both of them.

In Draco’s case, Astoria would be putting up decorations around the manor as Draco watched her lighten up into the Christmas mood. Things were literally hell for the couple, they were fighting more than ever, and they never seemed to able to talk things out. Draco’s mother suggested that they take couples therapy or marriage counseling but, he didn’t want to and Astoria wasn’t much for the plan either. The only thing that kept Draco eager towards the holidays was that his son was coming home in a few days. He had been keeping Blaise in the slight loop about his secret relationship with Kathryn. They had discussed Draco’s option.

“You have to remember Draco, that marriage is a commitment.” Blaise had to keep reminding him.

“I know…”

“A commitment that you chose.”

Kathryn’s schedule had been full on crazy.She had been going to many Christmas parties and spending her free time helping Suez with her wedding. Kathryn and Draco hadn’t gotten together over the past few weeks, but they did still keep contact with one another.

Draco sat at the Dining Table in his manor with Astoria sitting in the chair across from him. A single light was on and outside was pitch black. Neither of them spoke, they sat together in a silence, that it until Astoria broke it with a single sigh causing Draco to look up at her.

“Draco,” She said began, her hands hid her face as she closed her eyes; she ran her fingers through her hair and looked at him straight in the eye, “What’s going on with you? Why are you doing this to me?” She asked. The question was plain and simple. Draco looked at her with his browsed raised.

“Why am I doing this to you?” He repeated, “ What the bloody hell do you mean?” He asked her, anger beginning to rage through his voice.

“Why are you making this marriage harder than it already is? We used to be fine!”

“…We used to be fine? What are you talking about? We have no bloody relationship! When we did, I admit it was amazing… but not anymore…”

“What do you mean by amazing?” She asked him, trying to clarify what he meant. Draco sighed heavily and laid his forehead in his palm.

“…I had to admit that… the beginning of our… marriage… was… kind of…nice…” He managed to say.

“You haven’t answered my question Draco… why was it amazing.”

“… Having a son… being with someone who would listen to me…”

“ Being with someone who would listen… you mean I don’t listen you?”

“Yeah, you don’t! You leave the house with Pugsy and Millicent and then shop spending thousands of pounds a day! You haven’t paid attention to Scorpius ever since he was five! Honestly speaking Astoria, you are a horrible wife!” He yelled getting up from his seat and walking out the door. Astoria did the same and walked after him, she rested her hand on his arm but he shook it off furiously.

“Draco please listen to me!” She yelled walking out the front door and to the driveway. She watched as Draco got into his car and drove off.“Damn you Malfoy… I hope you die in a hole.” She muttered as she got back inside slamming the door behind her and walking up to her room.

Astoria looked around the room furiously pointing out Draco’s items. She walked into his closet and grabbed all of cloths in her arms. She carried them out to the bedroom and plopped them on the bed. Then she walked towards the huge window and opened it. Then she walked back to the bed picking up Draco’s cloths and chucked them out of the window. She watched as they all fell hitting the snow-covered ground in the backyard of the Manor. She smirked to herself and continued to do so until everything of Draco’s had left their room and was covered in snow below.