9. Tao

You were walking across the landing in your towel after a shower, heading towards your bedroom when a sight caught your eye.

You stood quietly in your daughters door way, and watched the sight in front of you, hoping you wouldn't get caught. Your 4 year old daughter, (y/d/n), was sitting on her windowsill, staring out into the open, wearing a flowy white summer dress, looking like a little angel.

You husband, Tao, was sat behind her, brushing her soft, long blonde hair with such care and passion.

You smiled, lovingly, leaning against the door frame, soaking in how perfect your family was.

"Daddy," (y/d/n)'s soft voice called out.
"Yes princess?" Tao replied.

"Can you teach me some wushu moves?" She asked.

She spoke so perfectly. Every word that came out of her tiny, soft, pink lips were honest and came with respect. Times like this made you realize that you and Tao were bringing her up correctly and all your doubt that you weren't was pointless.

Tao chuckled softly.
"Of course! But why would a pretty little girl like you want to learn wushu. Wouldn't you rather be going to your ballet?" He asked.

"Well I do love ballet but I want to fight off the stinky boys and be super cool like you!" (Y/d/n) jumped up and down in excitement.

"That's ma girl!" Tao secured the elastic around his daughter's shiny hair, making the perfect ponytail.

You laughed quietly to yourself as you walked to your room. You got changed into a pair of blue denim shorts and Tao's white tee shirt which you tucked into your shorts at the front.

You put on some mascara before making your way back to (y/d/n)'s room where the pair were still chatting away excitedly about wushu. You giggled walking up to them. Tao turned his gaze to you and a smile spread across his face.

"Wow babe," he said, holding out his arms.
"What?" You giggled as he pulled you into his lap.
"You look nice," he kissed your cheek.

You turned you face to face him as mouthed and thanks before pressing a quick peck to his lips.

"Mummy," you heard a little voice ask. You turned your face to your pretty daughter.

"Yes sweetie," you reply softly.
"Will I be as pretty as you?" She asked. You didn't know what to answer. You were a little flustered so Tao answered for you.

"Of course you will, but you will also be as pretty as your dad, maybe even prettier which will make you the prettiest girl on earth because daddy is very pretty," Tao explains.

(Y/d/n) breaks into a giggle fit.
"Daddy, mummy is the prettiest girl! Not me or you! Your a stinky boy!" She giggles. You can't help but laugh at this comment.

"Yes she is," he smiles down at you. You take in how handsome your husband looks in his black Berlin tee shirt and his messy blonde hair.

How did you get so lucky.
"And will I get married to a prince like you did mummy?" She asked.
"Of course you will, the most handsome prince of all, but not if you keep fighting them off with wushu," you giggle, tapping her cute little nose.

"So I'll get married to uncle Kris then?" She asked, her big eyes looking up at you melted both yours and Tao's hearts. Tao sniggered.

"Better than Kris!" He laughed.
"How about we go for a walk to the park?" You changed the subject, knowing that this cute conversation would have you a pool of jelly on the floor. You all agreed and went for a walk.