summer intern || do kyungsoo

genre: fluff

word count: 1,245

pairing: kyungsoo x reader

---

Blood rushes to her ears creating a sound similar to that of tides riding against a shore, except [Name]'s current state is nowhere near peaceful and the tides sound more like a roaring tsunami to her. She's sure that her ribcage is about to crack under the force of her heart beating erratically against her chest — it's almost painful in a sense that she hasn't felt this nervous in years.

Breathe, [Name]. Breathe. Granted, she's not about to do anything that could be potentially life threatening, but the fact that she's about to become an intern for SM Entertainment was enough to make her heart skip beats.

She shifts, wanting to just run away and hide from the humiliation she knows she'll encounter. [Name] bites her lip, eyes dancing from person to person and back to the building right in front of her. The beeping of her watch breaks her out of her mini breakdown and she flinches, glancing at the time. 2:50 P.M.

Bringing her hand up, slender fingers curl around her access ID, knuckles white from clutching it too tightly. Unconsciously flexing her muscles, [Name] hauls up her leg and takes a few steps forward, feeling butterflies swarm in her stomach.

[Name] casts a look around the main lobby searching for the receptionist that should be sitting at the counter, but there wasn't a shadow to be seen. The [color]-ette steps hesitantly towards the elevator, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Hello? Do I just go up or...?"

"Hey!" A loud voice echoes in the near-vacant room. "Who are you? Where do you think you're going?"

The girl jumps, goosebumps rising on her skin. She whirls around to see a guard snarling at her and she panics, dropping her bag and spilling the contents. "Ah! I'm uh... A new intern here. Let me get the document..."

Immediately picking up the dropped items, [Name] hastily gathers everything in her arms and attempts to sort everything out. However, the loud tapping of shoes soles on marble floors cause the frantic girl to look up.

"If you don't have business here then get out!" The guard barks, crossing his arms. "Don't make me drag you out by force."

Shoving everything back in her bag, [Name] fumbles with her access ID and takes it off, handing it to the guard. "I received this access ID through the mail a few days ago! I'm an intern, I swear!"

The man snorts and starts pushing the [color]-ette out, muttering things about sasaengs and overused tactics.

[Name] screams internally, desperately trying to explain that she is indeed an intern and not some stupid sasaeng. I'm gonna be late. I'm gonna be late. I'm gonna be so la-

"She's with us."

Spinning around to see who spoke, [Name]'s eyes widen considerably when she comes face to face with four members of EXO. She opens her mouth to speak but no sound comes out, and she thinks that perhaps it's better that she remains mute because she might just scream. Well, how could she not scream when Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, and D.O. are standing in front of her?

"[Name] [Surname], right?" A man asks, stepping out from behind the boys. "I'm their manager, Kim Hyunjong. My boss told me that you were coming today."

Said girl nods, eyes still wide and mouth still slightly parted.

"Great! I'll take you to the meeting office so I can help you explain why you're late." The man says, waving [Name] over. He turns back to the boys and tells them, "you guys can go home first. Remember our schedule tomorrow."

"Hyung, we'll go with you!" Baekhyun calls, pulling along the other members. "She's gonna be working with us, so we should go too!"

Their manager sighs and agrees, waving them along too. "Come on, don't make her later than she already is."

As they walk forward, [Name] struggles to keep her eyes off of Kyungsoo. After all, he is her bias. Her lips stretch into a small grin and she feels giddy, like a kid when meeting their idol — which technically is the case.

She turns away a beat too slow and Kyungsoo catches her gaze and gives her a small smile. Her face heats up, cheeks turning into a pale shade of pink, and she looks back at him to grin back sheepishly. Oh my god, why am I so embarrassing?

Once they make it to the meeting room, Hyunjong opens the door and let's [Name] and himself in, while telling the boys to wait outside.

[Name] hears him explain to his — their boss about why she's late and she makes a mental note to thank him for that. After the explanation, the girl is asked to sit down and answer a few questions — the usual job interview process.

Throughout the whole interview, she recites the answers that she's rehearsed a million times at home, and apparently, they were good enough for her to get the internship. She starts the next day.

After bowing to her boss, [Name] makes her way outside of the room, humming Love Me Right to herself.

"Is that our song?" A cheery voice asks, causing [Name] to jump again.

"Ah, yeah." She answers, feeling the need to add something else. "I'm a big fan."

Ugh, [Name] just shut up. How much more awkward can you be? The [color]-ette thinks, wanting to bang her head on a wall.

"Really? Who's your bias?" Chanyeol questions, leaning in.

"Yeah, really." [Name] replies, cheeks turning red again at the question. "And um... my bias is... uh..."

Baekhyun makes an 'aha' noise and points at Kyungsoo, "it's Kyungsoo isn't it? No wonder I keep noticing you staring at him."

It's times like these where [Name] just wants to crawl in a hole and stay there forever. She brings both her hands up to cover her tomato colored cheeks and tries to avoid everyone's gaze.

As if sensing that [Name] is about to die from embarrassment, Hyunjong chuckles and lightly pushes the boys away and tells them to go home to prepare for a busy day the next day. "You'll see [Name] tomorrow anyway, give her a break for now."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun complain a bit, but begin to make their way out of the building with Kai and Kyungsoo following closely behind. Just as they're about to turn a corner, Kai whispers something to Kyungsoo, which in turn makes him look at [Name] and jog back to her.

He stops in front of her and moves his hand back to rub his neck nervously. Casting small glances back at the other members who he knows are eavesdropping. "Uh, would you like me to walk you home?"

[Name] smiles at the ground and attempts to shield her flaming face with her hair. "I would like that."

Once they get into the elevator, Kyungsoo turns to [Name] and blushes slightly. "Since we'll be working together, can I have your number? I mean, you don't have to give it to me if you don't want to but I'm just saying since we'll be working together and yeah."

Chuckling, [Name] reaches into her pocket to pull out her phone. "Here. You can add your number in my phone and I'll call you when I get home."

Pressing the keys on [Name]'s phone, Kyungsoo enters his number into her contact book, saving it under his name with a heart. Kyungsoo <3

And this was the start of a new beginning.

---

author's note: this is on my tumblr and after some thought i decided to publish it here!! special thanks to bianca and anna for checking over it!! hope you guys like it!