Meet and Greet

As I'm walking up to the village gates, I notice that the guards were asleep. "Um, excuse me?" I asked as I walked up to them. Nothing. "Excuse me!" I shouted. One of them stirred a little, but other than that they continued to sleep. "Wow, you guys are worse than Lord Kankuro," I whispered as I tried to think of a way to wake them.

"Can I help you?" I turned to see a man with brown hair that's in a high ponytail, dark eyes and a scar that runs across the bridge of his nose. He wore the standard Leaf shinobi outfit complete with forehead protector, sandals, and flak jacket. His chakra told me he was kind.

"Uh, I was wondering if I could see the Hokage, but they seem to be out of it." He smiled and chuckled as he shook his head. "Yeah, once those two fall asleep, only the dog can wake them," he says as he nodded to the dog by their feet, which lifted its head to look at me for a moment before laying back down.

"Well, looks like your clear. If you want I could take you to the Hokage." I smiled and nodded before running up to him. "What's your name?"

"Ginko Uzumaki. What's yours?" I asked as we started walking. I look up and see his eyes had widened a bit. "Iruka Umino." I giggled, "Nice to meet you 'Dolphin in the sea'." He smiled.

"And you 'Silver child whirlpool'." I smiled at his response, but in all honesty, I think 'Silver child in the Farmland' sounds better.

We talked a little more as we continued on our way to the Hokages office. I learned that Iruka was a teacher at the academy and I told him I was here to live with my cousin, Naruto, who actually turns out to be one of his students.

When we reached a large red building with the kanji Fire at the top with the Hokage faces behind it, I know we've reached our destination. It's a little different from the painting in Mamas room, but that's probably its over twelve years old.

Iruka walked me to the top floor and stopped. "It's the only room on this floor," he smiled down at me, "I think you can find it on your own." I smiled and nodded before I bowed at the waist, "Thank you Iruka, you've been very helpful."

I came up and turned to walk down the hall as Iruka left. When I reached the room, I could sense a powerful chakra on the other side. It was warm and welcoming. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. When I heard a kind, elderly voice say, "Come in," I opened the door and walked in.

When I was inside, I could see the sun shining in through the window, lighting the room perfectly. In the center of the room near the windows was a large desk. Behind the desk was the Hokage, dressed in his Kage robes of red and white. His sun hat on the desk, bearing the same kanji as the sign on the building.

He looked at me with wide eyes. "Just by your chakra I would've that you were an ANBU." I laughed nervously.

"I get that a lot." He smiled and sat down in the chair behind his desk as he put a pipe in his mouth. "And who might you be?"

'It's now or never Gina.' I took a deep breath and stepped forward. "My name is Ginko Hatake, and I wish to live in the village with my cousin, Naruto Uzumaki, and join the academy to become a Leaf Shinobi under my mother's maiden name." I watched as his eyes widened, then slowly return to their normal size as he removed his pipe, "What is your mother's name?"

"Anju Uzumaki, formally known as Hatake. She is also known as 'The Great Sealing Tiger'." He nodded once. "Yes, Kakashi has told me about his secret marriage with her, but he's never mentioned anything about having a child."

"That is because my mother didn't know how to tell him. She was a month pregnant when he left." My eyes never left his. I wanted him to know I was telling the truth, and nothing but the truth. "Will he ever know?"