“Alice, let me help you pick out an outfit!” Rosalie called from downstairs.

The end of the day came and went and with Edward’s crazy speeding, we were home before most of Forks students were even in their cars. I was currently lounging on the sofa in my room, reading a fashion magazine.

“Fine, come on up!” I called back; swinging my jean covered legs over the side of the couch and standing up.

“Okay, so you’re going to an art gallery, right?” Rosalie asked once in my room.

“Yeah, it’s in Seattle.”

“Hmm…” She disappeared into my closet and I heard her ruffle through some clothes.

“Find anything?” I sat back down on the couch.

She walked out with a smile on her face and a couple articles of clothing in her arms. “Yes I did.”

I nodded and ran my gaze over the two outfits she held up.

The first was a simple floral printed dress that would come to my lower thigh and had the same type of trim you would see at the end of a scarf. She chose a pair of silver ballet flats and a chunky wooden necklace that fell down to my belly button.

The second was an off-the-shoulders yellow dress that would end just before my knees and had half sleeves. She paired it with silver sandals and long silver chain with a heart pendent at the bottom.

I pointed to the yellow one and grinned, taking the outfit and dashing into my closet to change. Rosalie laughed and I heard the door close so I figured she left. After quickly changing into my evening attire, I walked downstairs and stopped at the base of the stairs, checking the clock.

It was a habit of mine. I repeatedly glanced up at the large golden clock hanging on the wall in the front room. I had visions that could easily tell me if I was late but I kept finding myself checking the time on that clock.

“That was my gift to you on our seventieth anniversary.” I looked up, slightly startled at the unexpected voice of Jasper, who was standing inside the doorway of the living room. “It’s from one of your favourite jewelers in Paris.” He was glancing down at my necklace.

I frowned. “I-I don’t remember that.”

“I know ya’ don’t, but it’s nice to reminisce,” he replied, sighing softly.

I nodded slightly and glanced away, his intense stare making me uncomfortable. Why was it that his golden eyes always made me melt inside? Why was it that his silky looking hair beckoned me to walk over and run my fingers through it? I do not love him; I don’t even really like him! Curse that stupid empath!

“Alice, are we ready to go?” Edward asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence between Jasper and I.