Chapter 13

***I was listening to Thriller Heads Will Roll by Glee while typing this xD good song. Alright, short chapter, all in Jasper's POV. But hey, I had to end it here, you'll see why >:) Yes, i have an evil plan. Lots of you seemed very angry at me for killing off our much loved pixie. But even with a main character gone, Red Star will not be ending soon(: Please enjoy! Comment/vote! Thanks!***

Jasper's POV 

I was in my room, staring at the wall.

I wanted to plan more but Edward's constant watching and suspicion didn't help at all. Damn that stupid mind reader.

Yesterday was lost to all words; nothing could ever come close to describing how I feel right now.

So much drama has happened and so many emotions have been released throughout the passed couple months and summer was almost over. The family had decided when summer started that we were to join high school this year coming September. But then Jamie came along, she left for Italy, Maria happened and I found my long lost brother. Also, since Nessie grows no longer, she is attending school as well. I think the family all needs a distraction.

It's dark out now; the days are all blurred together.

I stood and left the room full of good and bad memories, but painful all the same. I made my way down the staircase and out the back door. I felt Edward's emotions of concern and caution. His eyes were boring into my back.

Slowly and unwillingly, I walked towards the back gardens. The flowers were starting to change for the coming fall and winter seasons. My legs gave way at the base of the mound. My emotions slowly coming undone and would probably effect those inside pretty soon.

But I needed to do this. I needed to say my last goodbye.

Bowing my head, my fingers brushed over the soft petals of the small white snowdrops.

Hope.

I inhaled and exhaled once, taking in the sweet smelling flowers. They oddly reminded me of her scent. I had already intoxicated myself this morning by sitting in our closet and running my hands and nose over her clothes. I had tried to burn her smell into my brain. I never wanted to forget it.

I closed my eyes and uncovered the memories of her.

The day we met in that shabby little diner.

I was looking for a human that would satisfy me but wouldn't be missed by anyone. It was raining and I was a mess. Being so far from civilization caused me to be more animal than man. But then I was pulled towards the diner down the dark street. I walked towards it and opened the door, walking in.

I smelled the greasy disgusting human foods, the heavenly smell of the blood pulsing around me and the foul smell of rotting wood and garbage. But I didn't focus on those smells. I sensed someone like me in the restaurant. I scanned the booths for the person.

My instincts told me to run but something else was drawing me closer.

Then I saw her.

Her tiny feet were moving along the dirty cement floor in small dark green ankle boots. Her surprisingly long legs were covered in black nit stockings that molded the curves of her thighs. She wore a black pencil skirt that peeked out under the black trench coat she wore. The collar was opened to reveal a ruffled light green blouse that swooped down in a U-shape. Her hair was cropped short and spiked around her head in a dark halo. She had a slightly pointed chin and rounded cheekbones. Her lips were full on the bottom with a thin cupid's bow on top. Her nose flicked up slightly and her skin was a pale as mine.

I knew she was like me but what confused me was her eye colour. She had big doe-like eyes with thick lashes surrounding them. But they weren't our kind's usual blood-red, they were liquid gold.

I was curious as to why they were such a strange colour. As I stared at this tiny, beautiful creature, she was getting closer and soon stood a couple feet away from me. She just reached past my shoulder with those heeled boots.

Her yellow gaze met my coal black one. I could stare into her eyes for hours. They were so deep but they held a secret knowledge in them. Before I could ponder what this knowledge was, she spoke, "You've kept me waiting a long time..." Her voice was like tinkling crystal bells, like music.

I ducked my head like my mama taught me and answered, "My apologies ma'am." My southern drawl came out more pronounced.

She smiled and held out a hand in a friendly offering. "I'm Alice. It's nice to finally meet you Jasper." I tensed. How does this stranger know my name? But before I could ask, she was talking again. "Please do not be afraid. I have an extra ability and have been looking for you. Can we go talk somewhere a little more private?" Her eyes glanced around.

Her emotions were strong. I didn't recognize some of them. Love? Affection? Passion? Acceptance? All towards me.

I took her hand and everything clicked. Our hands fit together perfectly.

This is my future, this small woman in front of me.

In almost a century, I felt hope.

I placed the snowdrop back on the pile and felt long fingers grip my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Jazz," my brother murmured.

I nodded and sent him a wave of gratitude. He squeezed my shoulder once more and I hear him brush inside.

I had found my long lost brother but I had lost my soulmate. It was a cruel trade off. The world was a cruel and terrible place. The world was evil.

"The world isn't evil, Jasper," Edward answered my thoughts from behind me.

"Yes it is Edward. If it wasn't our kind wouldn't exist."

"Can you really call Alice evil?"

I flinched and didn't answer.

"Exactly," he murmured and moved to my side, gazing down at the flowers.

We stayed like that for a couple minutes until he took a seat beside me. "Jazz, you've been planning something, haven't you? You're thoughts have been avoiding anything to do with what happened. You've been purposely shying away from everyone around you and cutting off thoughts. What's going on?"

Absolutely nothing. Isn't it only natural to shy away from the things that cause pain? It hurts Edward. The memories hurt. I couldn't find the strength to speak out loud.

Edward nodded and got to his feet, leaving me in peace.

I exhaled quietly and relaxed. My mind went blank and I just sat there, basking in my emotions.

Time passed and the clouds got thicker. I could hear thunder in the distance.

As I watched the trees across the lawn, something moved in the corner of my eye. I looked down at the mound of dirt. A couple flowers rolled onto the grass by my knees.

Then I saw a small white hand shove through the soil and claw at the ground.

I froze, staring at the moving pale limb.

Another hand appeared through the moving dirt.

I stood in a flash and stepped back. What the hell?!

More skin appeared and soon I saw the top of a dark head push through the grave. Hair, dark ebony hair.

Then the face appeared. Red eyes, curved nose, thin top lip and thick bottom lip, pointed chin, spiky hair.

"Alice?" I whispered, shocked.

The petite creature climbed out of the hole and onto the lawn. At the sound of my voice she looked up and growled.

She's alive?

"Ali? Is that you?"

"Who are you?" she hissed, her bell-like voice thick with anger and confusion.

I stopped short. She didn't remember me?

***Yes, that's my devious plan(: ***