Stay away Chapter 8

I strut out of the room, and walk until I find a dark hallway. I duck into the corner and breathe. I think about my comeback. Looking at the ground, I smile. River... Shaking my head, I look up. Suddenly, the door to my right opens. Speak of the devil. River doesn't seem to be surprised to see me there.
"Just couldn't stay away could you?" He smirks, and stands in front of the only exit.
"I have to get home beach boy. If you would kindly move out of my way," I say as I begin to edge myself across the wall towards the exit. He moves over and puts an arm against the wall on either side of me, trapping me in. He leans close to me, and I find myself wondering if he'll kiss me. I surprise myself with that thought, and even more so with the next one. I hope he does.
"I like you, Kat," he whispers in my ear. His warm breath tickles my ear, and his blue-green eyes stare into mine. After one more moment of this, he pushes off from the wall and walks away. My heart sinks. Why am I so disappointed? I don't like him, remember? I close my eyes and take a deep breath in and out. This man seems to have taken away my ability to breathe properly. When I open them, I get up to leave.
Once I'm out of the building, I take deep gulps of fresh air. I walk home after I've taken my heels off. The walk does me good, the sun lightening my mood. I arrive at our apartment door, and unlock it to find it pitch black. Kaine should be back from his run, so I have no idea what's going on. I drop my heels and run to the light switch. When I flick the lights on, I find the place in shambles. Food, furniture, and clothing is thrown everywhere, but that's not the worst part. Written in crude handwriting, a message is on the wall.

Stay away from The Recovery's secrets, or your father won't be the only one dead.