Alice Chapter 6

I stared at her in numb shock. She had changed slightly, but I could recognize those eyes anywhere. Her hair was cut in a short bob, and she had wrinkles lining her face.
"Follow me please. Oh.. I should probably introduce myself. I am Emma Wallace, and I'm Alice's assistant. Anyway, come with me," Mother... Emma stated in a matter-of-fact way. She led me through a narrow hallway and after many twists and turns, we entered a large room with a girl about my age bent over a stack of papers. "Ehem..." Emma cleared her throat in an attempt to get the girl's attention. She looked up and smiled. She had long blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles, and a slight bump on her nose. "Oh. Hi! I'm Alice Moore, but call me Ali. You're here about the Stockbase?" Ali said cheerily. "Yeah," I responded. "Alrighty. Emma, that will be all." Emma nodded and left.
"So. Years ago, right after you were born, your father found me on the street after The Recovery took my parents away. I was maybe one or two, but I was living in a box. Your father took me in and kept me in the spare room. You were never allowed to know about me, and I never knew about you until your father was taken to RC. He told me everything I'm supposed to tell you right before they took him away. The Stockbase is full of weapons." Ali's eyes were full of tears as she spoke, threatening to spill over. Of course, I already knew the Stockbase was full of weapons, but I let her continue. "The Recovery is not who we think they are. They're slowly building the adults stronger and stronger for their military. Apparently the world is under complete chaos outside of The Recovery. Something called World War Four has started. We live in a country called America, and this little experiment was their secret weapon. We're super soldiers trained from birth." My mind spun with all this new information, and I couldn't make sense of any of it. So, I did the only thing I could. I passed out.

Author note: hey guys! I really hope you like my book, please comment if you do. What do you think of Kaine? I'll try to update more often!
Keep reading---