Chapter 3

(Arthur's POV)

I slam my bedroom door shut behind me. How could my mother make me change like that? I'm not even close to being ready to live with that much responsibility on my shoulders. It's not like I have a whole kingdom on my shoulders, for that would be way too much to handle. Plopping myself onto my bed, I begin to dislike my birthday. All it's brought so far is one new manservant and new responsibilities. I was thinking so much that I forgot about the new manservant that was to come around super time. Personally I was kinda curious as to what he was going to look like. I am desperately hoping that he won't be just like George, for I would prefer to deal with his brass Jokes then have to deal with someone different but the same as him. It wasn't until I hear my father yelling for me to come to him did I remember.

Jumping off my bed I head back down the same hallway with the pictures, then down the staircase to the main floor. As I come to the entrance I see the most beautiful boy I ever saw.

(Servant's POV)

As we came to the house I look out of the carriage's opening in awe. Wow these people were definitely rich. We had to go through a hedged gateway and then into an open driveway. The path towards the house was like a huge circle. With a big pond in the center, with plants also placed individually around the pond and along the path towards the house. As we come to a stop the man tells me to get out of the carriage and wait for him to get out. Heading towards the house I am nervous. What is to come of me in here? The door is opened and I find myself in awe of how big and beautiful the house was on the inside. But that wasn't the most beautiful thing about it. It was the boy that ran down some stairs and stopped in front of us that was beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. The man beside me then punches me in the face. Making me lose my balance and hit the floor.

"You will show respect boy!" yells the man.

(Arthur's POV)

As I watch my new manservant fall to the floor I feel for him. I mean, normally I would just ignore them and see them as nothing, as my father told me to do. But I feel something for this boy. He seems different. Something about him, but I can't put my finger on it. I was amazed at what I did next.

"Hey leave him be. He was just checking things out." I say, surprised I even just tried to defend this boy.

"Did you just try to defend this orphan?" states my father, now yelling at me as he points straight at the boy.

"I-I..." I start but didn't know what to say to my father.

"Maybe this boy should spend the night in the cells?" yells my father, as he grabs the boy's wrist and starts yanking him towards our cells in the basement. I don't know what it was with my dad but he felt cells in the basement for bad servants was a good idea.

"Wait dad don't—"I accidentally spit out.

"Don't what? Teach this servant a lesson? Have you lost your touch Arthur?!" says my father, showing disappointment in his face. "He will be punished for your stupidity."

I watch as my new manservant is dragged down towards the cells, probably getting a beating. I head back up towards my room trying to not think about what just happened

(Servant's POV)

The guy dragged me along the next few hallways. Servants and maids that I passed along the way had pitty faces. Most likely not the only person to have been dragged in this direction. He continues dragging me until we stop in front of a door at the end of the hall. He makes me open it and then walk down the creaky staircase into the basement. It looked so gloomy and sad down here. There were 4 cells, all empty with no one in it. Chains were attached at the ends of each cell. I gulp as I am brought towards one of the cells and roughly pushed inside. There were two guys beside the man that grabs me before I could pick myself up and shackled my wrist in the chains. The next few hours I could only hear my own screams echoing everywhere.

                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys, I hope your enjoying this book so far. Thank you for a total of 33 reads so far. I know its not that much but I find it to be a joy anyways. So please don't forget to comment and vote for this chapter :D The next chapter will be published in 2 days.

-Lari