𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a loss for good

Start from the beginning

Isabelle scoffed. "You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." She soon giggled, thinking of how all the boys seemed to reel over her.

Jace only rolled his eyes in response to what Isabelle had to say, and Malia was sure she had caught it from the corner of her eye, which made her crack a smile. However, Alec wasn't finding it as humorous as either, Ben, Clary, Malia or even Isabelle was finding it. "Can you just give it to Ben?" Alec snapped.

Isabelle's giggle had faded as she had unclasped the necklace, ready to do as she was told by her brother. "You're such a buzzkill." She concluded before handing over the necklace towards Ben who was quick to take it, as he really wanted to make the exchanged.

THE STROBE LIGHTS within the bar, had flickered its way around, as Downworlders danced to and off beat to the music, enjoying their time together. Malia had questioned how many different Downworlders were all together in one place, considering that there was a mixture. She questioned if vampires and werewolves partied together, as it'd be a weird mixture. Malia's fingers ran through her hair, beginning to tie to back into a ponytail, as the heat within the bar had risen as they strode their way through. There was an eye out for Magnus and an eye out for Circle members who happened to be after the warlock.

As Malia tightened her ponytail, Jace had looked over his shoulder at his friends, prepared to give them instruction, and to prep them for when they'll split up. The brunette was able to hear him over the beating bass coming from the Amps, and which the DJ controlled from his station. "Blend in." Jace told. "Keep your weapons ready." He warned and Malia was quick to nod her head before she slowed to fade into the crowd, and following after her was Jace.  Ben and Clary had made their approach towards Magnus Bane, who was willing to offer help and bargain.

The Adams blew into her lips as she squeezed past a few people, eager past, as she knew given the circumstances she was in no mood to dance. A sigh escaped her lips before she turned to face Jace, giving him a small nod before she managed to find a table where they could lean against. "Do you hate parties or something?" Jace asked, once he had noticed the furrowed brows and the glare on the teen's face.

"I throw the best parties in Manhattan." Malia informed as she couldn't help but smile, which caused Jace to do the same as his eyes locked on the brunette. "It's just, given everything, I am in no mood to party."

"No?"

"Not at all." Malia fiddled with her fingers before her hands clasped together. "I really hope Clary gets back her memories."

"Have you ever thought that you might know something?" Jace pondered which caused Malia's brows to knit together in confusion with what the blonde had thought. "Malia, you're covered in runes," He pointed out as his gestured towards her figure. "maybe Veronica took away your memories?"

Malia's head lightly shook. "No. I don't think she did." She told, as her arms crossed over her chest. "I remember...I remember her adopting me." She remembered as she leant against the table to steady herself with the thought. "I've been in the system for so long, I can't explain to you how I got these on me, Jace. Maybe...maybe my real mom has the answers?"

"But the question is, who is your real mom?" Malia sighed as she hung her head down low, there was no way she could give out anything that could relate towards her mother.