Chapter 13

IN NEED OF SERIOUS EDITING, BUT I WANTED TO POST AN UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS. MUAH! 

ENJOY

---

I was so bored.

Jet, Stacey, and I groaned simultaneously, causing Stacey to giggle.

Beau was out with Darren doing fun things. I knew they went paintballing, go carting, and skiing. When I asked if I could go, Darren looked guilty. He was trying to find excuses as to why I couldn’t tag along. Beau bluntly told me this was a “man” day and they didn’t want any females to interrupt them.

Apparently, they thought females were always burdens to what men considered fun. I simply stuck my tongue out at them and said they were jerks. Kelly did the same, glaring at Darren.

Elliot, Abigail, Jade, and Jarred went on a double date run. They asked if we wanted to go, but we turned their offer down nicely. We didn’t want to feel left out.

It also made us envy their perfect relationship.

After all, my mate had a human girl friend. Stacey’s mate was in a mental institute. Jet didn’t find his mate yet. We were completely lucky when it came to the romance department.

Note the sarcasm.

Weston was doing some Alpha duties upstairs, so that left the three of us moaning about how bored we were. We seriously had no life.

“How’s Warren?” Jet asked after thinking about a topic to discuss.

“Fine,” Stacey answered, throwing her platinum blonde hair out of her face. Her sapphire eyes showed concern over her mate. “He’s doing so much better.”

“That’s great,” Jet said sincerely. “I haven’t visited in such a long time. I’ll go soon.”

“Danny visited,” Stacey said with enthusiasm. “She went with Weston!”

“You went with Weston?” Jet asked with one eyebrow quirking up.  “How’d you get him to go? And what happened to the war of the exes?”

Stacey punched him, casting him a warning look. I waved it off and just sighed.

“I practically dragged him there. We’re fine. We called a truce,” I said. “I think he’s going to visit Warren again soon.”

“Thank you, Danny,” Stacey gleamed. “Warren has been beating himself up over what he did to you and Weston. As far as I know, he will never forgive himself for the rest of his life. When you visited, it was a huge weight off his shoulders.”

“It was for the best,” I smiled, playing with Jet’s rusted color hair. “So I can’t help my curiosity, how are the two of you?”

“We haven’t mated yet,” Stacey said. “He’s in a mental institute. It’s kind of weird to get it on in – “

“Okay, we get it,” Jet said, covering his ears with his hands. “Nasty. I have more than enough with Eli and Abigail.”

“Anyways,” Stacey said, glaring at Jet. “We’re just dating. That’s all.”

“I’m lucky I haven’t found my mate,” Jet sighed.

“What? You don’t want to find true love?” I asked. Jet always seemed like the person who constantly looked for true love. I guess I thought wrong.

“It’s so complicated,” Jet groaned, looking at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Femme wolves are such bitches.”

Stacey smacked his head. “You better watch it, Cavanaugh,” Stacey defended the female population.