chapter five:motorcycles and the real Kai

"Honey what's going on here?" My mom asked as I stood in an awkward position, inches away from Kai who didn't seem to be swayed by the fact that my mom and my eldest brother was there.

Talking about Alex, he didn't not seem happy.  You could almost see the invisible smoke coming out of his ears.

"What are you doing?" He asked sternly.

"I-"

"Is he forcing you to do something?" He cut me of, as he stepped forward being the protectively brother.

I could feel the intense staring going on between Alex and Kai and oh boy it was not good.

My brother always knew if there was something wrong with me, I mean he just guessed the fact that I was being blackmailed here.

Of course I would blatantly admit the truth but if my mom found out anything about the night or ending up in the boys shower room, I wouldn't hear the last of it and my brothers will probably kill me.

I stepped forward, standing between Alex and Kai. "It's not like that" I told him "Kai -my roommate uh.. broke his hand so I was just helping him"

Great excuse Emilie.

Alex didn't seem like he was believing a single thing I was staying.

"Why do you have a guy as a roommate?" My mom asked, stepping in.

I sighed "it's a long story. How about we talk it over a coffee?" I asked while pushing Alex towards the door

Alex scowled at me.  "His hand doesn't look broken you know" he stated.

I rolled my eyes before pushing them both out of the room. I took a final glance at Kai who ran his hand through his hair as he looked puzzled.

I bit my lip before running after my mom and brother.

"So this is all a mix up?" Mom asked as she took a sip of her coffee. She had let legs crossed over and laid back on the chair whilst Alex glued his eyes on me. I was beginning to get nervous.

I couldn't believe I was lying to my own family to save not only my ass but that jerks ass from being kicked.

"Yeah totally" I said "they'll fix it soon"

Soon as in probably in 3 years time.

Alex still seemed like he has an issue. I sighed heavily

"I'm fine okay?" I told him practically reading his mind.

He chuckled.  "I'm just worried"

Mom nodded in agreement. I don't know why she's nodding, I'm in this mess in the first place because of her forcing me here.

I snorted and held back my comment.

"We should be going now" mom stated before getting up. She hugged me and placed her sloppy kisses on my cheek. "Behave" she said.

I rolled my eyes before getting a smack on the back of my head.

"yes mother" I moaned.

She smiled.

Alex came up to me and wrapped me around in his embrace. " I love you" he mumbled in my hair.

"I love you too"

"Do me a favour okay?" He said pulling away and looking me dead straight in the eye.

"Okay fine I won't attempt to run away"

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Besides that, I want you to keep away from that guy" he spat as he mentioned Kai.