"Nothing." I whispered and faced the front, I put my chin on my palm and leaned my elbow on the desk. A few minutes passed before Nick spoke up again.

"Are you mad?" He asked and my head turned to face him.

"What? N-No." I rushed and tried to ignore the back of his hand that was softly caressing my left cheek.

"Sky." He stated in a firm tone. I sighed and faced the front again.

"I don't know," I started and saw him intently watching me, "This morning I woke up sad, when we arrived here at school I was suddenly angry and now I feel nothing." I tried my best to explain and he was silent for a few seconds.

"Period." He said it like it was the most obvious answer to what was happening to me. I saw Mrs. Fletcher barge in the room with her slightly grey hair flying everywhere, I chuckled and turned my attention back to Nick.

"You're hopeless, no I'm not on my period." I told him and slapped his hand away. He made a face but nevertheless grinned.

"Maybe you just need some sleep." He said softly and kissed the top of my head. He dragged his chair back then sat in it, copying my current position.

Nick was right, I did need sleep. Fucking lots of it. I spent Monday and Tuesday night thinking about why I don't feel sparks when I touch Nick. Is it only me? Has he recognized the absence if it too? What is he thinking about our relationship now? Is he denying us being mates? Most importantly though, will he reject me? The mere thought of it made my stomach turn and tie itself into tight knots.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I just had it cut on Monday and it now landed just a few inches below my shoulders. It took Amber, Scar, and I a good two hours to look up short hairstyles online. We finally agreed on a Korean hairstyle sans the see-through bangs.

So I went home from the mall and was met by a protesting Nick, blabbing on about liking my hair as it was. He also scolded Amber and Scar for convincing me to cut it. I walked past him and happily fluffed my hair, he pulled me back and examined my hair with a frown. Needless to say, he wasn't so happy about it and huffed every time he caught sight of my hair. At the end of the day he said sorry though, I as well. Normal couple stuff.

"-his famous novels are Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven." I heard Mrs. Fletcher say and she occasionally looked my way to send me her glares, of which I gladly returned.

Nick noticed this and chuckled. I smiled innocently at Mrs. Fletcher and then the bell rang. I bolted out of my favorite room and sneaked a glance at my favorite teacher, she was giving me a stern look.

Whoops.

•••

"You hit people with the ball Anderson and not hit thin air!" Coach Harries yelled for the millionth time at me.

"I don't even want to hit anything." I muttered and earned a groan from him.

"Watch out, loser!" Rebecca yelled at me but aimed the ball towards Amber.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, the black-haired bitch is in my gym class. Real joy. And she's in the same group as Anthony. Talk about awkward.

Amber let out a yelp when the ball hit her left forearm. I snickered and she gave me the finger. Coach blew his whistle and then balls literally flew from everywhere. I ducked and grabbed a stray one from the ground, I closed my eyes and with all my might threw it across the other side of the gym. I opened my eyes when I heard someone groan and saw Anthony rubbing his shoulder and another boy was making his way towards the bleachers on one side of the gym. Anthony glared at me and I heard Amber yell.