R

Kae

Chris ran in.

"Sorry I'm late coach!" He said

"I was worried you weren't gonna be here. This kids trying out for us, so take a seat." Dad said. I ignored Chris, and tried to focus on what Cam was doing. I had to help my dad pick.

"Mind if I sit here ma?" Chris asked.

"Oh. Err. S-sure you can." I stuttered. Damn it! Why did I stutter?

"I heard you're gonna choose whether he stays or leaves?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Okay. He's not that good. I've seen him play. He's pretty bad." Chris said.

"H-he's doing p-pretty well here!" I said.

"Nah. He's just showing off. He just wants to get your attention." Chris said. I could tell he was jealous of Cam.

"I can't be bias here though." I said quietly.

"Well... I think you can here. He's got a pretty bad temper. If he loses a game, he's gonna flip out!" Chris said.

"Whatever. He s-seems g-good." I stuttered again.

"Aight. Your choose ma." He said. "Are you gonna play any sports?" He asked.

"Yeah. The f-field hockey and maybe
b-basketball." I said.

"Oh. That's cool. You know, my mom coaches the girls teams. Like how your dad coaches the boys teams." He said.

"That's c-cool!" I said, while still watching Cam.

"Alright son! We've seen enough. Go out into the hall. We'll call you in when we're finished." Dad said.

"Aight. Thanks sir." Cam said as he walked out, smirking at me.

Chris ran to his friends which were the majority of the guys.

"Okay. Whoever likes his performance, go to the right side of the gym. Whoever didn't, go to the left." Dad said. I saw Chris talk to his friends. They were laughing.

"C'mon man! Get ahold of yourself!" August said while laughing. They went to the right side of the gym. Chris went to the left side.

"Okay. The majority has spoken. Chris. Why don't you want him on our team?" My dad asked him.

"I don't know. He just didn't seem appealing to me." He said.

"He's a pussy!" August yelled from his side of the court. The guys laughed.

"I am what I eat. Ain't that right dick?" He said.

Some guys said oooohhh and some just laughed.

"Shut up. All of you! Go do warm ups! Now!" He yelled. "Karrueche, could you please get Cam?" He asked.

"Sure." I said as I ran to the door. "Cam? You're in!" I yelled into the hallway. I looked both ways and he wasn't there. I walked into he hallway, closing the gym doors behind me. "Cam? Are you here?" I asked. I kept walking down the hallway.

I turned around to leave, when I hear a faint noise. It sounded like running water.

"Cam?" I asked again.

"Karrueche? Is that you?" He asked. I saw him walk out of the boys locker room. There was a bathroom in the locker rooms.

"Yeah. You got in!" I said.

"That's great!" He smiled. "But I have to talk to you." He said.

"Yo Cam? Where you at man?" I heard Sean's husky voice.