I

*a few months later*

It was the day before Christmas break now. Everything was good. Chris and I were in a good relationship so far.

"Hey babe, you wanna stay with me over break?" He asked.

"I can't. I have to be with my parents. They really want to spend Christmas with me and my brother." I said.

"Well. My fam is coming to town tomorrow, so I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house with your fam? I'll go over myself and invite them." He said.

"Okay. But we'll have to go after practice!" I said.

"Aight. Isn't your pop gon be there at practice tho?" He asked.

"Oh yeah! You can talk to him then!" I said. Dad knew I was dating Chris. I told mom, then she told dad. I was pissed, but dad kind of likes Chris. So he didn't really mind.

*after practice*

I changed, and walked out of the changing rooms to see Sean and Ariana making out. They were cute. I kept walking to my dads office. I opened the door just a little. Chris was talking to my dad at his desk.

"So...I'm just saying that your family is welcome at my house on Christmas Eve for dinner." Chris said.

"Alright. Listen son. I know you and my daughter have a thing. Okay? I'll be at your house on Christmas Eve. Thanks for the offer Chris. What time?" He asked.

"7." Chris deadpanned.

"Alright. I'll see you then!" He shook Chris's hand. My dad was the best!

"Hey daddy!" I said.

"Hey!" My dad and Chris said at the same time. Dad looked at Chris.

"Uh. I'll see you on Christmas Eve. See you babe!" Chris winked and walked out.

"You better not have heard that whole conversation." Dad said.

"Naw. I literally just heard you say that you would like us to go to his house." I said.

"Okay. Let's go home. I have to tell your mother so she won't be surprised and whoop my ass." We laughed. We drove home and parked out cars.

I was looking forward to this Christmas party.

I called Chris. He picked up on first ring.

"What's up bae?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm so happy I'm going to your place!" I said.

"Ya. Did I mention it's in Virginia?" He asked.

"What?!" I yelled.

"Did I leave that out?" He asked.

"Yes you did!" I said annoyed.

"Oh. Sorry." He said.

"Listen. I think I'm just gonna stay home with my family. I'll see you after break Chris." I said.

"Kae! How bout I get you a ticket? You can come with me, and then go back whenever you want." He said.

"Chris. I just-"

"Please. I can't be without you for a week." He said.

"Just-"

"Please Kae!" He said.

"Let me talk to my dad!" I said.

"Okay. Call me later." He said.

"Kk." I said then I hung up.