Race of the Ambassadors M

Once we had the the letter pouch tied to the saddle, Oswind got on me and spurred me onwards. We galloped into the forest were we passed many creatures including deer, rabbits, squirrels, a lone wolf, lots of birds, and a docile Bear. There were small trees, and big trees along with some ferns, a willow tree here and there, and different kinds of oak, maple and birch filled the rest of the forest. It truly was a beautiful site, I just wish Pluto and I hadn't been on different teams and on the complete opposite side of the routes. He was all the way in the opposite mountains. Before i realized what was in front of me, i felt oswind begin to lean forwards and give the reins. Then I saw the fallen tree in front of me. It was unexpected but i still cleared it. I was no eventing horse but i knew how to jump high. As i looked back i noticed there was a fallen tree branch be hind the log. It was the asgardian plant Purple clown.

"Misty, pay attention" Oswind snapped as i was beginning to slow in pace. We had to keep up a steady pace to strive for victory. I'm not one to disappoint. I pick up my pace and barrel through the forest, dodging animals and shrubbery.

As I was galloping along focusing on the path I heard a snap, like when the humans plucked twigs off trees but louder. I instantly put on the breaks and look around nervously.
"Come on Misty! We have to get to the bridge soon!" She spurred me but i didn't budge. And i wasn't going to move until i knew it was safe. After much spurring, Oswind finally noticed my nervous behavior. "What is it Misty?"
The snap happened again and i felt Oswind tense on my back. Soon the snaps became more frequent until they started to become mixed with a creak. "Misty, run!" Oswind shouted in fear. I couldnt move though, my legs were frozen with fear of the unknown. "A tree's falling girl, run!" And she dug the spurs into my sides, cutting my skin slightly, forcing me to take off. I galloped and galloped hoping the tree was falling behind us and not in front of us. I had never been so terrified in my life. I couldnt use my wings to fly us to safety which terrified me more. What if i couldnt run fast enough and we were crushed by a falling tree, the message would never reach the endangered village and I'll have failed.
Before i knew it, there was a huge crash behind me and i knew it was a tree. Oswind slowed me down to a soft canter as we were approaching the bridge were the next member waited for their turn in the race.