Chater 1

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring. My mom walks in an says "Emily get up and get dressed we need to put everything in the  Uhaul and we gotta catch our flight."

So as you can tell today I am moving from Chicago to Omaha Nebraska. The reason I'm moving is because my dad got a job out there, I personally don't want to move.

I get out of bed and changed. I put on a pair of black leggings, my white "just don't do it" cropped sweatshirt and my white hightop converse. I put my hair into a bun and walk down stairs. I'm used to walking down stairs and seeing my brother at the kitchen table and my mom in the kitchen cooking and mostly dad at the table drinking coffee and reading the paper before work, but this time when I walked down stairs it was silent and no one was there.

I just stood there for a moment staring in the kitchen. Then my mom walks inside

"hey kiddo whatcha doing" 

I look up at her "nothing".

I go out side and grab a water from the fridge in the garage. I go on the front porch and sit there with my brother,Max, who was staring out into the sky.

"hey bud what's up"

"just thinking" he said turning to look towards me

"about?" I question

"all the memories we had here and all of the fun times I had with my friends." He sighed

"Max, no matter if we move across the world, this will always be our home, we both grew up here and it's hard for us to let it go but we won't let it go, because this is our home." I tried my best to comfort him

"yea, I guess" he shrugged

"I'm just gonna miss it."

"me too bud,me too."

Once we got everything packed and into the uhaul it was time to go. As a family we stand there and stare at the home that we all love and will miss greatly. My mom interrupts and says if we don't leave now we will be late for our flight.

We all slowly turn away from the house and get into the car and all of us staring at the house as we slowly pull out of the drive way.

Once we got to the airport we went through Baggage and security and finally made it onto the plane.

When we finally got onto the plane I took my phone and earbuds out and put my earbuds in and listened to music, and just like that I was out like a light