Chapter 22

I was going through menu options when my phone rang I didn’t recognize the number I answered.

The voice on the line was one I hadn’t heard in a while and was so happy to hear “Hey Raven, how have you been?”

It was Jas “I’m good, I’m actually planning my ring ceremony and I was hoping you could come it’s this weekend.” I waited for her reply

She seemed to be thinking it over “Raven If I weren’t so heavily pregnant I would love to but I’m due to give birth anytime now.”

I sighed I missed my friend “That’s okay I guess we will see each other another time.”

“Yes I will keep in touch” We chatted a bit more catching up on what had been happening in our lives Jas has a young daughter and was pregnant with her second child she wanted it to be a surprise so she doesn’t know the sex.

Before hanging up we promised to meet up soon.

It was the day of the ring ceremony I was a ball of nerves I had chosen a lacy white mermaid dress I had gotten my hair done up in an upsweep and my make up was light as I sat looking at my reflection in the mirror there was a knock at the door.

I was hoping it was Alex I hadn’t seen him since yesterday he had slept in Luke’s room, I ran to the door flinging it open it was my parents that were standing at the door I was disappointed but still happy to see them.

My mom was looking at me weird and smiling what was up with her, “Raven are you ready everyone is waiting” my dad asked holding out the crook of his arm for me to take.

As we walked outside they had erected a gazebo which was decorated with white calla lilies and purple orchids.

 Alex stood there waiting for me he was smiling like a fool and it made my heart flutter.

We recited the vows we had written to each other.

“I Alexander Sharpe promise to love and care for you Raven Shaw, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health I will love you and honour you all the days of my life.” Alex took the diamond ring from Luke as he

Slipped it on my finger he continued. “With this Ring I give you my heart my soul and my body, and with all the worldly goods I have they become yours as well, I promise to be a true and loyal to you I will always be honest with you But most of all, I love you.”

I had tears running down my cheek with the pad of his thumb Alex wiped my tears away I took a deep breath trying to controlmy voice.

 “I take you Alexander Sharpe to be my partner for life I promise above all else to live in truth with you and to communicate fully and fearlessly I give you my hand and my heart as a sanctuary of warmth and peace and pledge my love, devotion, faith and honour as I join my life to yours.”

As I slipped the matching ring to mine on his hands I looked in to his eyes and spoke from my heart.
“I believe in you, the Alpha you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my mate, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine.
I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our packs love and happiness my priority.
I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph.
I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring.
You are my mate -- my love and my life, today and always.

Everyone got up and were clapping and cheering we hear chanting of kiss, kiss and Alex was more than happy to oblige them cupping my face and gently kissing my lips.

Alex lead me out on to the constructed dance floor as we slow danced to Bruno Mars its will rain, I looked around at everyone they were all happy for Alex and I and our parents were beaming at us happily.

We did our rounds as we walked around greeting everyone; I was surprised to see a very heavily pregnant Jas sitting with a handsome blonde he had a baby in his arms.

I lead Alex over to their table hugging Jas “I didn’t think you were coming” Jas smiled at me

“Did you really think I would miss your ring ceremony?”

She turned to the man sitting beside her he looked a little older than Alex “Caleb this is my best friend Raven her mate Alexander, they are the Luna and Alpha of the Black Hawk pack” he got up bowing his head to Alex and I.

Jas’s mate is the third in command in his pack we had other guests to greet I kissed Jas good bye and we left shortly after.

 We left to spend a week by a lake in the woods to celebrating our ring ceremony.

We drove to the south of Black Hawk territory and came upon a vast lake it was breath taking; Alex was busy getting our supplies out of the back of the SUV while I took in the boat house sitting on the lake.

As he placed the bags at the door to the house boat Alex pulled a key out of his pocket, as I stepped inside I realized it has all the comforts of a modern home.

“It’s beautiful Alex and everything looks new” I said as I ran my finger along the marble counter tops Alex grinned mischievously “I’m glad you like it we took 3 weeks to fix it up and get it ready.”  I looked at him surprised.

“How did you manage to do all this” Alex was unpacking the groceries we had brought with us “I had a lot of help from Luke and some other pack members.”

After we finished unpacking we changed into our swimsuits and went for a swim, we were playing in the water when we saw that a huge storm was coming in.

We took a warm shower together and I started on dinner while Alex got the fire place going.