TBBIP Spin-off- "Just My Type"

Start from the beginning

 “Hey sweet pea; we’re just preparing dinner,” he greeted me as soon as I entered the kitchen.

Mom went back to preparing dinner acting like they had not been arguing for the last twenty minutes and sighed.

“Hi daddy.” I smiled taking a seat at the counter. “What are we having?”

“Lasagna and salad,” he answered placing some garlic bread on the table.

I guess that means I’ll be having the salad. I thought regrettably. It sucks being on a diet. Mom rarely ever made my favorite. I just needed to lose five more pounds to be able to fit into the new jeans I bought a week ago and I’d be fine. It was an impulse buy and they didn’t have my size. I loved them too much to pass on them.

Dinner passed by quickly with not much conversation from my parents or siblings. My sister was too busy talking on the house phone with one of her friends to notice the tension in the room and my brother was at a friend’s house.

 It sucked being the oldest of three. I never had anyone to talk to with my life problems. Most of them, they wouldn’t even understand if they tried. I often caught myself wishing for an older brother or sister. Pathetic, I know. I should really learn how to be grateful.

The next day was a little better than the previous. It was Friday. That made everything better. The day everyone looked forward to during the week. I wore my new shirt that I bought the same time as the jeans that I was almost into and a pair of flip flops. It went really well with the skirt I decided on. It felt like a warm day so that alone was enough to lift my mood about having to go school. Lunch outside will be nice.

Today was Farrah’s day to drive so I patiently waited for her outside my house this morning. Grace was already with her and Megan was not attending today, due to a dentist appointment, so the chatter in the car was a little lighter today.

I watched with envy when, as soon as we got to school, Farrah leaped into Blake’s arms. I was just a little bit jealous of her dating one of the hottest guys in school. Meanwhile her friends were the losers who couldn’t even get the attention of a single guy here. Well except Jonah, but he didn’t count.

 He was my art buddy, I guess you could say. I’ve sensed that he’s harbored a slight crush on me since the beginning of the school year, but the feeling wasn’t mutual. He’s cute and all, just not my type. I’m not even completely sure what my type is to be honest, but I do know it’s not him. I do hope he finds someone though. He’s such a sweet guy.

“Are you going to quit gawking and walk with me to class?” Grace interrupted with a giggle. “I’m envious too,” she added.

After I came out of my reverie I blushed and giggled too. “Some people have all the luck. Maybe he has a friend.”

“Maybe,” she agreed.

Our walk to first period was a short one and would have been even shorter if people knew what the meaning of personal space was. I don’t understand the point of crowding the entrance to school every morning. 

“Get the hell out of the way!” I yell that everyday….inside my head.

I try to exercise good manners, to the best of my ability, but sometimes it becomes increasingly hard. I don’t have a lot of patience. A lot of people have told me that including, my family, my friends, and even complete strangers. Like that Starbucks lady down the road from my house for example. All because I told her if she did a little less time gossiping and spent more time getting people’s orders then line wouldn’t be so long. It was just a friendly suggestion.

People get so defensive about the littlest things.

English was very unexciting, much like the class afterward. I wasn’t completely happy until I was at lunch. The sun was still shining, like it was this morning, but incredibly warmer. I loved the heat. I could lay in the sun forever if I knew I wouldn’t get sun baked.

“Feels great doesn’t it?” Farrah asked sitting on one of the tables outside during lunch.

I nodded. “Can we just skip the rest of the day and hang out in the sun?”

She giggled. “We only have half a day left. Stick with it.”

“You’re only saying that because you have the next class with your boyfriend,” Grace added.

“That too,” she agreed and smiled. “He’s taking me out tonight.”

“I hope you’re talking about me,” the topic of conversation, Blake Coleman, interrupted.

“Of course I’m talking about you,” she grinned turning around behind her. I laughed when she jumped off the table and almost knocked him over when she grabbed him. “Unless you know another hot guy that asked me out  tonight.”

“Funny,” he chuckled holding her against him the releasing her. “If anyone even tried that, I would know.”

When the bell rang, everyone quickly dispersed as did Farrah and Blake. Thankfully I remembered my textbook for Food 1 before lunch so not having to fight the crowded hallways would save me some time.

I spent a couple more minutes enjoying what was left of my lunch period after my friends had gone then grabbing my books off the table and rushed towards class. I might be a little late, but better late than never, right?

It’s not like it matters anyway. Mrs. Hughes was always late to class herself. I can’t remember a single day that she was there before the last of the students arrived. That’s probably because she always spends her lunch hour with her husband who’s also a teacher here.  They’re still newlyweds.

I quickly spun around the corner just before the classroom door and collided with a very hard surface. Man, did I hit a wall?

I was taken aback for a second as I gathered my thoughts and began picking my books up off the floor. A few of the papers I had stuck between the pages spilled out of the book as well and the wall bent down to help me pick them up. I froze.

The wall was in fact a guy, and a hot one at that.

I swallowed nervously when recognition swept over me and the green eyed, blond haired hottie smirked at me.  Oh Jeeze. Of all the people I had to run into today, why him?

I do not associate with trouble and I’d like to keep it that way.

As I struggled for right words to make up a proper apology he quickly spoke up.

“Distracted?” he guessed, the smirk not wavering from his lips.

“I…I wasn’t looking,” I blushed fervently. “I’m sorry.”

Maybe if I got away quickly he wouldn’t kill me for running into him like some kind of maniac.

His muscles flexed as he picked up the heavy books and brought them to him. I was watching, quite possibly, with drool running from my mouth. Why did all the bad guys also have to be the hot ones? I’ve heard the stories. I’ve seen the evidence. I know better than to get involved with guys like him.

Just look away, Olivia, before he notices you ogling him. I quickly obeyed my inner voice.

“No harm done,” he chuckled, picking up the rest of my things and handing them to me.  

Both of us rose and stood at the same time, neither of us breaking the staring contest we were now holding. Gosh, he was big. Like, really big. No, intimidating big. No wonder most people feared him.

“Yeah, because you’re built like a mountain,” I mumbled. It was too late to take back the words that escaped my lips once they were out. Why did I say that? He’d have to be def not to hear that. I’m such an idiot.

I blushed yet again. “Is there any chance you didn’t hear that?”

“Not even a little.” He wore a look of amusement on his face as my blushing became increasingly more obvious.

----------------------------------------------

This bit took place before The Bad Boy is Possessive. Hope you enjoyed it and will continue to read!