TBBIP Spin-off- "Just My Type"

Start from the beginning

“Sounds better than my weekend,” she sighed. “Can I come?”

“If you don’t mind hearing my parents bicker, than sure.”

She looked at me sympathetically. “Are they still at it?”

“Yep,” I answered in boredom.

It was getting pretty old actually. Every night and every day they were constantly arguing. If it wasn’t about the finances, it was about the late night hours dad spent at work or the new boat he most recently splurged on. That definitely was not in the finances.

I’m pretty sure he’s going through a mid life crisis. Mom needs to face the music.

“I can live with it,” she answered. “It beats spending another weekend at my grandma’s watching westerns and Jeopardy. I’ve seen ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ so many times I have half the lines memorized. It’s unbearable.”

“Then you’re officially invited.”

Poor Grace. Though, if my parents keep at it like they have, I may be willing to switch lives with her.

“Thank you,” she said overjoyed. “I promise to let you come over to mine anytime you want.”

“I just might take you up on that,” I mumbled. I’m not sure she heard me though.

“So, we’ll carpool again tomorrow and I’ll bring my bag.” She said.

I nodded to her and went back to chewing on the end of my Bic pin. It looked as if a rabid animal had gotten hold of it. I should definitely get some new writing supplies soon. It probably wouldn’t hurt for me to stop chewing on them either. They might last longer if I did.

Hold habits die hard.

The rest of class I did my best to take notes on the new material Mr. Sullivan was rambling on about. It was hard to do with my ADD. So maybe I diagnosed myself with it, but that doesn’t make it any less true. And just to prove to you hove true it is, I’ll give you an example of how my mind works.

Take puppies for example.

Brown puppies….I love puppies and brown is such an amazing color. Like on shoes. Oh! My favorite shoe store is having a sale this week. I really need new shoes…and new clothes. Maybe I’ll go to the mall this weekend. The last time I was at the mall, getting a new pair of skates for my sister, I saw Chelsea Toms making out with her boyfriend Dakota Evens in the food court- in front of everyone. I lost my appetite. Then I realized how I didn’t have a boyfriend and got depressed. I want a boyfriend someday. I’m not rushing it though. It would just be nice to eventually find someone.

See where I’m going with this? From puppies to boyfriends, does that sound like someone who doesn’t have ADD?

At the end of class I collected my books and threw my poor mutilated pin in the trash can. I think it had more then served its purpose in life. Time for a new one.

At my car, Megan and Farrah, my other two besties, who also car pooled with Grace and me, spilled about their day as they got inside the car. As usual, Farrah gushed about her boyfriend Blake and Megan talked about the most recent gossip in yearbook class. Apparently they find a lot of time to talk in that class. Every week there seemed to be a new bit of gossip that Megan felt compelled to share with us. Most of it never held my interest for very long.

It was always about who was hooking up with whom; what football player broke a girl’s heart and who was caught cheating last.

Once I dropped everyone off at their homes I was finally free to go to mine. When I got there, as expected, Mom and Dad were arguing again. This time it just happened to be about dad’s sudden business trip that was taking him out of town for a week. My mother was not happy; especially since he was leaving tomorrow.