Story 7

Story 7: Isn't That What Friends Are For?

I screamed like a maniac mentally, running down the hall as if I did that for a living. My throat itches to just scream already. A not-good chills ran down to my spine. I forcefully held back my tears. It hurts. I hate it. I feel so bad I could kill myself.

I could even do it here, right now.

Wha... What am I thinking?! I should just go on with life for now.

No. That's what YOU think I would say. I don't, this time. I really felt horrible. I felt like the unluckiest person on Earth. I know I'm actually not, but I just felt like.

I heard you can die from depression. Good, at least it won't look like an ugly death. I will just do that instead, rethinking my horrible past and Ashley's indirect rejection. I'm such a masochist.

Suddenly my mind was really blank. I didn't even think of my actions or anything. I suddenly didn't want to be a computer engineer or anything. I don't want to see my friends. I don't want to kill myself. My brain isn't cooperating with me. I am only able to see and feel my actions, not think about it. Doesn't matter since I'm only running though...

Some people I know like Jones, my lab partner waved or said hi to me in the hallway. But all I did was walk. I didn't want to ignore them. I didn't not want to ignore them either.

...What am I doing? Can I just die now?

But I know the world didn't allow me to do that. They want me to die slowly, but painfully, feeling every torture possible.

"Noah! There you are!" A really familiar voice called me. I stopped without thinking.

Then I heard footsteps... Even those footsteps are familiar. I looked up with my blank eyes at the source of steps. Now that my eyes only record, but don't think I could only stare.

It was Keith's voice... Followed by Kyle, but I realize they weren't alone... I only could record the color of fiercing red, dark brown, and raven black paired with a pair of crimson eyes. My mind couldn't proceed who are they.

The color of dark brown seems to talk, "Man! We were looking around for you everywhere! Jones said you were running down the hallway without a reason! What's got into you?"

"We thought Matt White did something to you again... But I-It's not like I ca-care or anything" Kyle's voice seems to say.

"Noah... Did you just... Cry?!" The raven black muttered, examining my dried trace of tears.

"Noah crying?!" The red shouted in disbelief.

"Noah... You look really pale. Are you sick...?" Keith reached his arm for me, probably to check my forehead if it's warm.

Kyle worriedly also reached his hand to me "He-Hey, Noah... Don't joke around... Are you alright?! Your eyes are so-"

I slapped both their hands away. Uh... What did I just do again? Whatever that is, they stared at me with a shocked expression.

And then I just ran out of te school. I ignored the shouts and sounds of calls coming from Gerald and Luca. At first I didn't know, but then I know their reason. A drop of water began to fall onto my wristband. Then come more. Without realizing, it was raining.

I stared at my wristband, ignoring the rain, and slowed my run down. Behind it were some old scars I always usually hid. It looked bad, and I don't want to have my friends asking about it, so I always hid it behind my wristband or long sleeve.

I stopped when I began to pant heavily. It was also quite hard to breathe. What am I thinking, running in the rain. I looked around, but the place looked grey. I can't see really far.