03: words unspoken

The sun was shining brightly through the blinds as Sutton opened her eyes the next morning. She stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes before looking to her left at her roommate's bed that was filled with the body of an 18-year-old boy. She slightly giggled before rolling onto her side, facing him. "Stiles," she called out in attempts to wake him.

The boy only groaned and pulled the covers a little tighter over his face. "5 more minutes," he pleaded. Sutton laughed at him as he slowly showed his face and grinned at her. She marveled at his messy dark hair and how he looked half asleep. He closed his eyes tightly before widely opening them and looked at Sutton. "Thanks for letting me crash with you last night. I'm sure this won't be the only time it'll happen this year, knowing them," Stiles said, in reference to Scott and Allison.

"It's no big deal, as long as you don't try and steal my blanket again," she joked, playfully throwing one of her pillows across the room and onto Stiles's body.

"Hey, I get cold very easily, thank you," he clutched Sutton's pillow. "I have poor circulation and you look like you can maintain body heat," Stiles laughed as he tossed it back over to her.

Sutton laughed and rolled her eyes as she flashed the boy a smile and shook her head. "What does that even mean?" She giggled.

Stiles bit the inside of his cheek and smiled at her. He examined her as she stretched her arms into the air and she audibly took a deep breath. He had only known this girl less than 24 hours, but he would be lying if he said he didn't already feel something for her. His gaze was soon broken when she looked back at him; he shook himself from his trance as he pulled his legs out of the bed. "So," he started.

"Hm?" Sutton questioned as she finally stood up out of her bed and started to walk over to her closet.

Stiles rubbed his eyes in attempt to wake himself up as Sutton walked by him. "What time are your-" Stiles started to reply to her as he opened his eyes and dropped his hands to his sides. He was stopped in his tracks and his mouth gaped open just a little as he took in the sight of her. After he had fallen asleep, he assumed, Sutton had changed into a pair of running shorts and an extra large tee shirt. As great as she looked in cut off jean shorts, Sutton in the morning took his breath away. He looked down and licked his lips and bit the bottom one before speaking again. "Sorry, um, it's nothing," he had lost his train of thought after only the sight of her. He looked back up at her and drew his lips into a straight line as she smirked back at him.

"You're weird, Stilinski," she spoke as she grabbed a more fitting sized tee shirt from her closet. She looked back at him and gestured for him to turn around, widening her eyes and raising her eyebrows. Stiles got the hint and turned toward the window. She wiggled out of her shorts and pulled a pair of dark wash skinny jeans onto her legs. She lifted her large grey tee shirt over her head and replaced it with a black v-neck. She held the shirt in her hands and looked down. It once belonged to her brother, a long with all of the shirts she wore to sleep. Instead of getting rid of all of Noah's things, Sutton kept all of his clothing, against her father's wishes. While her father believed it would only be harder to move on with their lives with Noah and Kate's belongings being constant reminders, Sutton wanted to hold onto them as tightly as she could. She blinked hard as if to push the memories from her mind as she dropped the shirt into a hamper.

"You can look now," she mumbled to Stiles as she walked back toward her bed. She sat down on the edge and grabbed the black converse shoes and placed them on her feet. Stiles watched as she tied each shoe, biting her lip as she did so.

She is so fucking beautiful, he thought to himself as he admired her. He ran his fingers through his hair as he continued to look at her. His memories from the previous night came flooding back to him and he immediately felt a tinge of embarrassment as he remembered telling her how he felt in that moment. He rubbed his face and stood up, realizing he fell asleep in all of his clothes. He shoved his shoes on before looking at Sutton once more. "I guess I should go, I have class soon. Thanks again for letting me stay," he said as his eyes darted back and forth.