Typhoon Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

Zeus, Titan's baby brother, and Aries, Titan's first cousin were added on to my detail because of their military experience. Zeus was every bit of titan's height and size but more agile. He was an ex marine who was extremely quite and to himself. He wasn't one to waste words. He simply took orders and got the job done. And, Aries the ex navy seal was stealthy and one of the best marksmen in the country. He was tall, dark, and handsome a true ladies man. Then there was Marcus, also a former marine who was rumored to have killed more than a hundred men with his bare hands during his tours in Afghanistan. He was so serious all the time, he was always about getting the job done. And then there's Corbin an ex c.i.a. operative who was the jokester of the bunch. He absolutely loved getting a raise out of all the men especially Marcus.  This guy possessed more knives than culinary store.  They together owned an ran a security company called 4 coasts security being that each was from a different coast. Zeus was from New York, Aries was from Minneapolis, Marcus was from Oakland and Corbin was from Dallas.

I instantly grew a love for the new team.  Titan did good by me with this team.  Arian pulled him from my detail and added him to his and he insisted that Arian and I let him pick the team if he had to go with Arian.  He said he had the perfect replacement for himself and these people were the only one's he could trust to protect me.  So we entrusted him with the new detail cause I trusted him with my life.  They were an unorthodox bunch but they were efficient. 

It was their second week working for me and things had been good. Our chemistry as a group was wonderful. The fellows were accompanying me to my new restaurant located in Harlem for its grand opening.  We pulled up in front of the restaurant and there is a line of people already. I guess people will come out to dine especially if the food is free. Arian insisted that I just have a grand opening without me attending but I want to be there to personally greet and thank everyone for supporting me. I Rufus's to live my life in fear. Most people do not associate me with Arian or his organization because he has kept me for the most part out of the lime light.

The night goes by without a hitch. The new restaurant is a complete success and the reviews are just awesome. They are in fact these are better than the reviews for the first restaurant. Excitement was in the air but unfortunately it wouldn't last for long.

The following morning I was awakened by a loud boom. It was so alarming that it shook the whole house.  I heard a ring of gun shots.  Not really knowing what to do I immediately jump out of bed and run to my walk-in closet in my bathroom.  Once in there I go to a hidden door and open it by placing my thumb on a key pad camouflage to look like a picture to enter.  Before I get in I hear Arian calling my name frantically.  I quickly disengage the panic room and the door slides closed.

"What in the world is going on Arian?" I ask still somewhat panicking.

"I'll explain later but right now I need to get you somewhere safer." Arian said while retrieving the luggage so I can pack.

Of course I wanted to know what was going on but I knew how he was so it was for the best that I just let him explain later.

"Aries and the rest of your detail will bring to a safe house until I can finish this." He said flatly.

"I assuming that it is safe to say that you won't be joining us." I said tears forming in my eyes.

"Don't Storm. It is hard enough as it is already, don't make this more complicated than it already is."

"I know, its just that I don't want anything to happen to you. I'm just scared. I do have the right to be scared. I've love you to much not to have any emotions at all." I said this while the waterworks increased.