Typhoon Chapter 20

For the next few days I struggled whether or not I should tell Arian about Anna Clara's phone call from Viktor. I wanted so badly for Anna Clara to just coincidentally know someone named Viktor but I knew now wasn't the time to trust anyone. How can I bring this up to Arian. Will he even believe me. I mean she was just an elderly woman who was as sweet as pie. I think it over some and finally decide to just confide what I know to Arian that way my conscience is clear. Arian's out of town until the end of the week.   I should tell him soon but I'm afraid to do it over the phone. It could be bugged or something, or do I just wait until he comes home. Decisions, decisions.

I pick up my cell to phone Arian. As it rings I'm sweating profusely cause I know that I don't have any concrete evidence but I rather be safe than sorry. I really hate being wrong. Arian picks up on the fourth ring.

"My love." Arian coos into the phone.

"Baby are you busy."

"I'm always busy but not busy enough to make a little time for you. Is something wrong, is there is a problem.

"Well it depends on what you consider a problem."

"Storm I'm going to need you to blunt. Spit it out."

"Someone by the name of Viktor called Anna Clara's phone the other night and I know I should have told you sooner but I am so fond of her I don't want to think of her being traitor."

"I see." Arian replied and then there was silence.

"Arian." I say after a moment of nothing being said.

"Let me make a few phone calls and I need you to go on as if you never seen anything okay.

"But..." I attempt to start my plea but Arian interrupted me.

"But nothing. Just do as I say baby. Now I have to go. I love you.

"Dido."

After we hung up the phone I decided to go to the restaurant to pass the time. I needed to finalize a few things for the new restaurant anyway.Hell maybe I'll even change the decor of the first one. Although I hated everything that was happening I was still grateful because I could still be on the streets begging and trying to figure out where my next meal will come from. I owe a lot to this family and I would hate if Anna Clara was not genuine.

The days where long and daunting. Well at least that's how it felt to me. I was expecting Arian any moment. We spoke only a few times after my revelation about Anna Clara.  I wanted to put all the drama behind us for only a night so adorned myself with a black laced lingerie set he bought for me.  I had strawberries and champagne set up for us.  He wanted a baby and I wanted to start tonight.  I waited and waited until finally I fell asleep.  It was 1:40 in the morning the last time I looked at the time and this time when I look at it is 4:38 in the morning.  I'm awakened by showering kisses.

"Arian, is that you?"

"The one and only.  My lord you look divine.  I'm sorry I'm late but something came up.  I am indeed willing to make sweet love to you right now if your not to tired."

"Never."  I replied eagerly.  And with that we made sweet passionate love until we had nothing left but sleep.

Arian never said a word concerning Anna Clara besides telling me to remain the same as I was before. It really was hard to do because I grew very suspicious as time went on. During the past week Arian hired new guards for me since the situation was becoming increasingly out of control. Danny, Jax's underling was killed in a car bombing and Frankie was stab to death in his condo in Manhattan. Every other day one of the businesses were under attack so that meant a loss of customers, which really meant "money lost." Out of everything that happen the lost of Frankie hits home for Arian and because of this he was beefing up the security more than ever. Frankie was a good guy, a playboy, but a good guy nonetheless. No one in the organization attended the funeral, not wanting to bring any disruptions to the family's time of bereavement. Things were changing fast and moving quick.