Chapter 26 Dust Devil

I haven't received a report back in almost a week from Titian and neither has Zeus. But as the the saying goes no news is good news. But I can't help but think that something has gone terribly amidst. My instincts tell me that this visit of Arian's is not by coincidence but then he hasn't shown any signs that he knows something. He is still the same stupid in love murderer he was before. Should I be worried? No because no one knows of my involvement besides Titian and he wouldn't tell a sole as smitten as he is with me. Well Zeus knows but he has little involvement in our plan and he is to loyal to Titian. Viktor did know but he is dead now and he didn't even get to finish tell the tale as to who is behind it all. Arian killed him which is good thing because he would become the weakest link anyway. I couldn't be more grateful for his temper cause if it wasn't short then this plan would be up in smoke. Anna Clara clearly wasn't told a thing by Viktor cause Arian would know without a doubt. I was elated she was ignorant to my dealings when I threw her under the bus by me throwing my supposed suspicions that she was somehow involved.  I was really hoping that Anna Clara loyalties were with Armand and Viktor it would made things so simpler and interesting but they are not unfortunately. One good thing that came from that is that it made me look as innocent as a baby. No one would suspect me. There is no paper trail, I haven't had a conversation with not one of the families or organizations. I wasn't seen or heard. All I did was plant the seeds of deception into Titian's head. I could tell him Santa Claus is real and he'd believe me. 

Getting up from the bed, after I'd laid there until noon, I walked into the ensuite to freshen up.  Afterwards I met Zeus out in the sun room.  He was reading something on his phone totally engrossed it whatever it was.  I walked toward him and took the seat across from him.  He rose his eyes to meet mind.  He placed his phone on the table next to him and shifted in a way that led me to believe that he was about to be the bearer of bad news.

"Titan's dead along with a few other men.  It was an ambush from out of nowhere." There was silent, pregnant pause before anything was said.

"What do you mean he's dead? That can not possibly be. What?" I said as emotions ran rapidly throw me. Being pregnant certainly didn't help the situation cause I was crying uncontrollably. Was this plan even worth it.

"I told him to forget you. I told him you were nothing but trouble. This your doing. All for a baby that wasn't even his. You selfish, inconsiderate bitch you better hope I don't kill you myself. We were all we had and now you took that. I hope when you die is slow, painful, and unmerciful death. As of this moment you're on your own."

"I'm so sorry." I said sobbing.

"Save the crocodile tears for someone who cares. Oh wait you didn't at least not with my brother and now look at what happened to him. His death is on your hands. Your no better than the man your claiming to love. Do not contact me again." And with that he walked out.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I have no one right now. How could everything just crash and crumble so soon. I never thought that anyone would die. Zeus was right I am being inconsiderate.  Maybe if I play my cards right I can get out of this mess.  Fuck my life nothing ever works in my favor.  What am I cursed or something?  I have to do something and I have to do it quick. Well no one knows of my involvement so maybe I'll be okay.

I was mentally burned out. I had no plan B I just went off impulse and now I see that that wasn't so smart. After thinking and weighing all of my options I came up with absolutely nothing. I laid in bed mentally scolding myself until I was interrupted by Arian.

"We have to leave my love.  Get up and get dressed our location has been compromised."  He said in almost a panic.

"Okay but where are we going?"