Chapter 1

*10 hours ago*

~Robin's P.O.v~

Robin sat forward, watching the words on the screen pass by, trying his hardest to memorize them before he could do the test Batman had prepared. He sat back and groaned. Just then, Megan, Wally, Artemis, Connor, and Kauldran walked in to see Robin slumped defeated on the couch.

"Whatcha up to Rob?" Wally asks, plopping down on the couch.

"Trying to study these patterns before Bat gets here and tests me." He complains, taking in the many patterns that passed on the screens.

"How do you even understand that? You are merely a child." Wally explains, looking at the screen with a confused expression.

"I may be a child but my mind is like a 17 year old teenager. So technically I'm smarter than you." Robin teased, smirking at Wally.

"Well technically I'm older than you and that means responsible." He explains.

"I doubt it." Robin chuckles.

"He's got a point, Wally. You aren't exactly the most responsible." Artemis explains, putting her hands on her hips.

"Butt out, Artemis!" Wally exclaims. "He's just a kid, not like he can do much."

"I can do a lot!" Robin screams, feeling offended.

"Yeah, like staying back from danger. That's why you are on the team. We need a voice. You may be smart but you aren't very skilled in fighting." Wally explains.

Now Robin was getting mad. He hated when they point out that he's just only 13 years old. He hated feeling like he didn't belong on the front lines. "I can fight! I just choose to stay in the back." Robin says, getting quiet.

"See, like I said. He can't fight. Even if he's Batman's side kick. Hes to young for combat." Wally mocked.

"Hey! I'm not a sidekick!" He yelled. "I'm just as much as part of the team as all of you." Robin screamed.

"Yeah well I see you as a liability when we go out! You are too weak and get captured too easily!" Wally accused.

"Wally! Robin! That's enough!" Megan shouted.

Robin scoffed. "Whatever. I'm going for a walk and probably won't be back for a few hours. Enjoy the idiot." He said, walking out of the room in the heat of the moment. He didn't even bother telling them where he was going. He hated feeling like he was a child. He hated knowing Wally thought of him as an idiot and worst of all... A liability.

Since when did they think he was a liability? He has to be more than that to them, right? Ugh! Now he's all confused! He kept walking, not really keeping track of where he was. He walked down Happy Harbor and stopped abruptly. He spine getting a really bad tingle. He looked around him, seeing nothing out of the ordinary, until something hit him. Hardly anyone was on the street. Was something bad happening?

Then, as if on cue, something slammed into his head, creating black spots in his vision. He collapsed to the floor, glancing up to see the one person who was on the news recently.

"Boy wonder all alone? Seems to be my treat filled day!" The joker laughed, grabbing Robin's arm and dragging him behind, all the while he caught for consciousness until, he accepted it.

*back at Mount Justice*

Wally was eating cookies, trying to calm down by stress eating. He ate more than he should've when Batman entered the room. Wally glanced up and so did the rest of the team.

"Where's Robin?" Batman asks, scanning the team for the face of his son.

"Robin and this idiot got into a fight and Robin went for a walk to calm himself down. He should be back in a few hours. Just let him calm down." Artemis explains.

Batman nods. "I guess its better for him to calm down. But when he gets back, report to the main room. I have a mission for you guys." He says. They all nodded and continued on, not knowing Robin needed them more than he's ever want to admit.

**************

HEY GUYS!!! Hope you all are enjoying my fanfiction. Unfortunately I don't own the characters. I do own the plot but not the characters. Please vote and comment. I will be doing more young justice fanfiction!! Hope you liked. I will try to update as much as I can, but no promises xD