We climbed back into the car in silence, after an hour at least of driving through the forest she stopped the car in between two massive boulders with a whole heap of vines blocking the car from front view, meaning I couldn't see anything that was in front of me other than vines.

She grabbed everything that she had gotten for Megan and signalled me to grab mine, holding one finger up to her lips she walked out through the vines and into a massive clearing with a big crescent shaped rock in the centre, she put everything down beside the rock and put her hands on it taking a deep breath and mumbling a few words.

The rock split open revealing a set of stairs that spiralled down into what looked like a well lit tunnel.

I walked forward to her.

"Go on in, don't wake Megan" she said collecting Megan's things and following me down into the massive cavern.

I glanced around the well decorated place, there were six little areas with curtains covering them one of the curtains was pulled open, Megan was lying crumpled on the bed, I fought the urge to go and check her, but I just couldn't motivate myself enough to stay still

I ran over to her and sat down on the floor grabbing hold of one of her arms.

"Megan" I whispered

~~~*~~~Megan Salvatore~~~*~~~

I groaned as Veronikah picked me up and tossed me over her shoulder.

I started complaining about ten minutes after she picked me up and ran with me into the middle of a forest.

I tried to stop her with my powers but every time I tried to create a barrier with wind I felt a strong pull at my heart every time and felt a pinch of pain, which ended up with me groaning.

After a few more minutes we came up to a clearing she lowered me to the ground and walked towards a huge rock that was sat in the middle of the clearing, I looked around I could feel the huge amount of power radiating from the centre of the clearing.

Then I collapsed to the ground.

"shit" Veronikah spat.

I felt myself move like I was floating on a cloud, only I knew that it was Stefan's best friends arms that were carrying me, she put me down, probably on a mattress or something, I mean what else could there be in the middle of the stinking woods?

She placed her hands one just below my collarbone the other on my forehead and swore silently, ok well it wasn't silent but I couldn't exactly hear her, no vampire hearing that's one good sign.

She walked away for a second then there were a few clunks and clicks before she came back to me and poured something disgustingly thick and metallic tasting down my throat.

After a few seconds I felt myself regain a little bit of energy.

I attempted to sit up, key word attempted "Where the hell am I?" I grumbled

Veronikah cracked a grin "Don't sit up yet, you lost a lot of power back there Megs" she said quietly walking over to me "This is my cave, well technically its part of an old tunnel that used to get used during the civil war, but I modified it a bit"

"Cool" I breathed taking in the enormous cavern.

She must have thought the look on my face was priceless because she chuckled a little bit "Yeah it is"