I knock on the apartment door 1009. The apartment was abandoned a long time ago, but was left in very good condition. Then the vampires took over. The end.

The door opened. Holding the door stood a boy with dark brown hair, pale skin and frown on his face, as he looked at the girl in my arms, "Who..." Without answering back, I storm into the room. "Okay.." He whispered, raising his eyebrows. I ran to my room and put the girl on the bed. Behind me, Cameron stood clueless about the situation. He wore  a white tee with a zippered grey hoodie on top, along with blue jeans. Vanessa walked through the door as I explained to Cameron about what had happened.

"And then we escaped" I finished. Cameron nodded, showing the sarcastic side of him.

"I see you filled Cam in," Vanessa exclaimed, "Did he mention that he disobeyed Zedd's order?" She said to Cam however looking at me right in the eye. 

"Yeah, he told me. But I don't think you understand why," Cameron spoke to Vanessa. I look over at the boy, confused on how he knew. Vanessa took the chance to pounce for more answers.

"Why?" Vanessa's eyes were brightened with wonder. And my dead but alive heart was thumping in confusion. 

"It's obvious. The girl" Cameron pointed with his thumb over his back, towards my room. Vanessa, being as dumbfounded as she usually is, didn't understand. I did though. Cameron cracked the code. Great. 

"Andrew disobeyed Zedd because of the girl, " Cameron said with a smirk on his face. I felt my face redden, but then I quickly recovered. Both of them waited for a respond. 

I rolled my eyes. "Just help me help her,"

Cameron and Vanessa smiled. 

Cameron walked over to the girl, inspecting her appearance and then spotted the problem. 

"She's bleeding" He quickly lifted her shirt slightly, only to show her belly button. On the side, a huge noticeable wound was heavily bleeding. "How did you not smell that?" He looked over at me, eyes enlarged in wonder. 

"Crap. Those are hybrid scratches. Logan...or was it Lucas, whatever. One of them scratched me with their nails, but I guess she got scratched too." I sat down on the other side of the bed, waiting for Cam to do some hocus pocus so I could talk to the girl. It was rare to meet such a beautiful wandering soul. 

"Well, let me just find the spell that would heal her." He opened up the drawer beside the bed, and picked out a small book. "That's the good thing about wandering souls. They have such weak bodies, that you need weak spells to heal them." He looked up, realizing what he said. "Yea, that did not make any sense, did it?"

I raised my eyebrows in response. 

He put the open book on the side, and put his hands only an inch away from the wound

He put the open book on the side, and put his hands only an inch away from the wound. The girl was starting to get pale from all the blood loss. It was odd i couldn't sense the blood. Probably because so much was happening at the time. Cam started to whisper some spell that would heal all wander souls (Wcs).

Instead of telling me he healed her, he frowned. Cameron looked at his hands, shook them and retried the spell. 

"It's not healing her." He seemed to be very concerned. The sleeves of his plaid shirt were rolled up, as a result of the hard work. 

"Then try again" I said calmly. There has never been one time when Cameron couldn't heal a Wc. He was the most powerful witch I personally knew. Of course, there were stronger witches back in the day. But that was when humans existed. Humans were stronger than Wcs, but weaker than vampires. They were, and will always be the best source of blood for vampires. But there hasn't been a human on the planet for more than 5 centuries. Witches didn't have to lose so much power any more, since the humans are gone. The witches that existed when humans did were so powerful, they could knock out multiple vampires at a time. 

"Andrew, it's not working" This time Cameron was flipping through his spell book frantically. 

"You're just not trying. You can alw-" I coolly said, flipping through a book of my own. Cameron's diary. He walked over to me, snatched the diary out of my hand, frustrated. He clenched his teeth, wanting to say something but not wanting to say something at the same time. 

Vanessa walked in, holding a note in her hand

Vanessa walked in, holding a note in her hand. She faced Cameron and I, and showed the message that was written in red ink.

"The spell isn't working on her because she isn't a wandering soul."

My eyes read the words but couldn't function it through my brain. 

"She's human" I said in shock.