chapter 11

♢♢Mia's PROV♢♢

I sit down for a moment and then get back up to go check on Carter. I knock on the door what for answer. No answer. I knock, again. No answer. I crack the door a little and look to see Carter on his bed, face down in the pilliow. I walk over and sit on his bed. He lifts up a little only to look at me with one eye. Blood running from it. I put my hand on his back and almost take it back when I feel how muscler it is. "I'm sorry." I mutter feeling heat rise on my cheaks. He turns on his side to face me. His gourgus blue eyes are greenish now. I feel so safe around him, even tho he can read my thoughts. That is something I actually edmired. So I wouldn't have to speech. And if Carter I'd reading my thoughts now, I want to tell him sorry. That I'm still trying to figure this whole being a vampire thing out.
He gives me a small smile that tells me he was reading my mind. I bite my bottom lip a little not knowing what to do next. He sits up and I cup his cheak to whip away any tears on his face. I'm still not sure if he feels anything for me but I can't reject that I don't feel anything for him. My heart bets faster. I still have my hand on his cheak. And I have noticed I have started to lean in. So I freak out and quickly kiss his cheak not to look like a fool. It sends me butterflies again. I just kissed his cheak. How did I go from trying to hate him to that!? I get up quickly and run out the door. And after I'm down the staires I hear him chasing me. What did I just do? Why did I do that? I glance a t him and run to the front door and run outside to see a big beautiful field. My bare feet hit the ground and I run. Until I run right into Carter's arms as he stands there in front of me. I forgot that vampires are fast. He holds my arms as I stare at him out of breathe. Even the little touch of his send jolts of heat through my body. My breathing calms down a little. "Why did you run away?" He ask me. "I- I don't know." I tell him. And that's not all ture. I run away because- I stop my train of thought realising that he could read them. "Why did you?" He asks try to get me to look at him after I glance away at the field.
"Because I'm scared."
" You have nothing to be afraid of. I will keep you safe." I shake my head because he doesn't understand what I mean.
"I'm afraid of feeling something."
"What do do you mean?" He asks.
My faces gets red as I feel I'm about to cry. "I'm afraid of feeling something for you. Carter, I -" He stops me with a hug. I rap my arms around him. Nothing can hurt me as long as I have you, Carter. I say in my head hoping he could hear it. But what I said was true, I'm afraid of falling for you. "You don't have to be." He whispers. I pull back to look at him. "But what if I lose you. I don't want to fall in love and then get my heart broken." I say, feeling a tear come down. "You won't lose me." He says in a very calm, soothing voice. My heart flutters. "I don't know that. You don't know that." I say in a whisper. He opens his mouth to say something but I can't take it anymore. I lean I'm and kiss him. Everything stops for a moment. I match the movements he makes with his lips as I put my hand on his neck. We pull away but we're not far. I hug him again.