Chapter Twenty-Seven

When all else fails, take a vacation.
-Betty Williams

Claire Sanders

"We're here."

I looked up from watching a animated musical video with Lydia on her iPad to the handsome man sitting on the other side.

He opened his side of the door and I turned my head to my side of the window. A shadow fell over my window before Liam opened the door and I went out with Lydia in tow.

The handsome man otherwise known as my husband, joined us after murmuring something to Simon, who also decided to join us in our trip.

We made our way through the crowded entrance of JFK to the private section. I had never been to that side of the airport. Well, I hadn't been in airport much to be precise.

I was talking to Lydia as we walked beside Tyler when suddenly, a shoulder brushed mine, faltering my steps.

"Hey, watch wh---"

I touched Tyler on the arm, stopping him from speaking further. "No, it's my fault. I wasn't looking."

Circling around with the apology right at the tip of my tongue, I stopped short. The apology drowning into the pit of my stomach and shock filtered in me at the face mirroring the same expression.

I didn't expect to see this face at all in my life. So, seeing this unexpected man, two days after my wedding was a shocker for me.

"Claire..." He finally said, his brown eyes roving over my body that made an unpleasant feeling wash over me. "Wow. I didn't expect to see you."

The voice of my ex-boyfriend was enough to pull me out of my shocked moment and instantly, anger pulsed in me.

"Neither did I." I gritted out, curling my hands so that the urge to dive my fist over the irritating grin that just took over his face, couldn't win. But the next words from his mouth made me wish Lydia wasn't behind me right now, so that my fist could finally greet his face.

"You haven't changed one bit, have you?" He quirked a mocking eyebrow and raked his eyes over me once again.

I changed and he knew it too but he still took pleasure from taunting me indirectly. These past weeks, I didn't care how much weight I had put on cause weight never bothered me to be honest and Tyler also never complained about it but right now, coming face to face with Sean made me question myself.

Before I could let the pain of his taunt visible on my face, I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist and a hard body pressed to my side. At once, I sensed his rigid muscles emitting waves of anger.

"And you are?" Tyler raised one of his own eyebrow and upturned his face in the air as if he was talking to someone far beneath him.

I looked up at him questioningly and he glanced at me briefly before setting those intimidating eyes on Sean.

Tyler knew who Sean was. He knew what happened. He knew everything but we never talked about it. I didn't know why he never brought it up but I thanked God for it cause I didn't want to ruin whatever precious thing Tyler and I had by bringing up my naive behaviour and humiliation.

It was at that time, Sean become aware of the people around me. He took a step back as his eyes took in the two straight faced statues clad in suits and earpiece, standing behind me holding a hand of a little girl. My little girl.